Job ID 368182
We are worldwide Augmented Hospitality leaders, the best at what we do. Heartists is what we call ourselves, generous, passionate, attentive and free, whether we are welcoming guests, connecting with our peers or serving others.
Our entire Accor estate expands across the world. With over 300,000 experts committed to rejuvenating the hospitality experience we pride ourselves in being the employer of choice, so live limitlessly, come as you are, grow with us, work with purpose and explore the endless opportunities in store.
The Vice President Development Luxury Brands West is responsible for leading the development of the Accor Luxury brands in the region, through management contracts and other means of development, including franchises and residential contracts. The luxury brands include Raffles, Orient Express, Fairmont, Sofitel, Emblems and MGallery.
- Strategy and Lead Generation
- Assist with the definition of the development strategy for the luxury brands in the various submarkets.
- Act as the face of the brand and ensure that potential development deals are aligned with development targets and brand strategy.
- Identify potential projects for brand roll-out and conversion opportunities.
- Contact/follow-up with owners/developers/consultants to promote and sell the Accor luxury brands.
- Prepare effective proposals and responses to RFP’s and other leads.
- Prioritize deals and assess the developers’ ability to deliver projects.
- Market and Company Knowledge
- Maintain granular up-to-date knowledge of the local lodging and real estate market, industry trends, supply and demand.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Accor’s different brands, loyalty program and distribution statistics, and existing portfolio hotel performance.
- Contract Negotiation
- Negotiate deal terms with relevant parties.
- Work collaboratively with Accor legal team and outside counsels and ensure all deals are signed off through approved internal protocol, including investment submissions, hotel management proposals, hotel franchise proposals and brand validations.
- Proactively manage contract renewals.
- Report, Analysis and Collateral Preparation
- Prepare internal and external reports and presentations.
- Lead and coordinate market analysis, underwriting and financial analysis with development analyst team and Director of Feasibility.
- Organize internal coordination meetings and prepare meeting materials, presentation slides and meeting minutes.
- Assist in preparing budget, expense and accrual related reports.
- Works with brand team to produce collaterals and resources.
- Conduct owner brand immersions and site visits.
- Represent the company during local conferences, exhibitions and company events.
- Build and maintain a network of professional contacts including owners, developers, real estate brokers, consultants, deal influencers such as architects and designers, financial institutions, public authorities, attorneys, and investors.
- Develop close and regular relations with other departments in order to reflect needs and constraints in the agreements, develop up to date reasons for selling the company brands and its services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Be an Accor and brand champion.
- Administrative and Validation Process
- Manage internal tools to create a structured and documented project flow.
- Ensure the implementation of each project validation processes and supervise the reporting activities for luxury development in the region.
- Lead or assist with the preparation, coordination, circulation and presentation of documents that require approval.
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as assigned by CEO and SVPs.
Required travel – approximately 50% of the time with more or less periodically depending on workload.
- Hospitality or business administration bachelor’s degree. Master’s or MBA Degree a plus.
- 8+ years progressive hotel/or similar focused expertise in real estate finance, acquisitions, feasibility and/or banking. Ideally experienced in managing significant complex hotel projects/negotiations including deal structuring and closing.
- Strong network of hotel real estate investors, developers, consultants, and brokers in North America.
- Ability to negotiate without emotion.
- Understand the key rationale for our deal terms and be able to articulate such rationale in a clear and concise manner.
- Detailed understanding of hotel underwriting and the hotel P&L.
- Prior experience in feasibility and / or property level operations a plus.
Technical skills / abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and generate confidence, trust and respect.
- Recognized communication skills with all levels of team members.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to build, coach and develop high performing teams.
- Confident and articulate communication, negotiation, relationship and networking skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with drive, ambition and a high level of energy.
- Multicultural awareness and ability to work with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong professional comportment and presentation.
- A proactive nature and sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Visa Requirements: Must Legally be authorized to work in the United States
- Salary Range: $220,000-$250,000
- Excellent Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K Retirment plan.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS