Job ID 367393
Temporary Head of Finances
HYBRID ROLE, 3 DAYS PER WEEK IN OFFICE.
12-18 MONTH FTC.
As the Head of Finance (IT Services) at Daisy Corporate Services, you will be responsible for managing the finance team for the IT services division, driving profitability improvement, managing audit, and maintaining contract and customer profitability integrity. You will also assist with managing other group companies, base management, and project profitability. Your key focus will be to ensure accurate forecasting of one-off revenues and to partner with operations to deliver strategic financial support.
What you will be doing
– Manage the Gross Margin finance team, ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting.
– Work closely with the operations team to understand and forecast one-off revenues and provide financial support to drive profitability improvement.
– Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including customers, suppliers, and internal teams.
– Work with Head of Finance Transformation to ensure the accuracy and integrity of contract and customer profitability and manage billing team to ensure invoices are raised and paid promptly.
– Drive improvements in financial processes, systems, and controls, and support the wider finance team as required.
– Manage audits and assist with the management of other group companies, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies.
– Business Partner senior directors to understand the cost base and improve reporting to drive customer profitability on the managed services/service desk base.
– Manage billing team, ensuring timely sending of sales invoices to customers.
What success looks like in this role
– Strong business partnering with operations, with a clear understanding of the financial impact of key decisions.
– Timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis, with a focus on maintaining contract and customer profitability integrity.
– Effective management of the finance team, with a culture of continuous improvement and development.
– Successful management of audits and compliance with regulatory requirements.
– Accurate forecasting of one-off revenues, with a focus on profitability improvement.
What you need to have done already
– Relevant experience in a senior finance role, delivering and reporting on finance KPIs.
– Experience managing a finance team, with a proven track record of delivering high-quality financial reporting and analysis.
– Demonstrated success in driving profitability improvement and maintaining contract and customer profitability integrity.
– Experience partnering with operations and building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
– Strong knowledge of financial processes, systems, and controls, and experience managing audits and compliance requirements.
Skills you will need to excel
– Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
– Advance excel skills with the ability to build and enhance financial models.
– Analytical and strategic thinking, with the ability to identify and address financial risks and opportunities.
– Ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and deadlines.
– Adaptable in an ever-changing environment.
– Commercial acumen and a focus on driving profitability improvement.
– Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain accuracy and integrity in financial reporting and analysis.
– Qualified accountant, preferably CIMA/ACCA or equivalent.
– Minimum c.7 years post qual, with leadership experience.
– Operational knowledge of IT services or related industries, with a strong understanding of the financial impact of operational decisions.
Did we mention the perks?
We show our appreciation by providing various benefits and rewards to our employees that help make Daisy a great place to work and provide a great work life balance.
These include but are not limited to:
- Holiday – Starting at 25 (increasing to up to 30 days for each year you stay with us) + a holiday purchase scheme!
- Daisy University and Apprenticeships – Giving you the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge whilst you work for us.
- Hybrid and remote working – To ensure work WORKS for you.
- Enhanced family friendly policies – We are here to look after you and your nearest and dearest.
- Health & Wellbeing offering – Including discounted membership for health plans + Eye Care Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, and an in-house Wellbeing team.
- The Exchange – Online discount platform for more than 1,200 retailers.
And many more – to see all the benefits on offer visit our Why work for Daisy page!
Ready to join us?
If you feel Daisy is the right workplace for you, we would like to hear from you!
Once you have applied online and have been shortlisted, our recruitment team will be in touch with you to arrange an interview and answer any questions you may have. This could be a face-to-face or a remote interview. The application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.