Job ID 373848
Remote Possible Yes
Under the general direction of the Manager, Model and Contract Implementation is responsible for working with internal and external resources to implement market participant transmission and generation assets into the ISO market. Guides external entities through the asset implementation processes; facilitates meetings, communicates deadlines, clarifies engineering and modeling requirements, and identifies and resolves issues for a successful implementation. Uses subject matter expertise to implement processes, procedures and controls to ensure adherence to Tariff, regulatory contracts, and relevant industry standards. Provides mentoring and guidance to less experienced department staff.What You Will Be Doing:
- Uses subject matter expertise to guide external entities through resource management and modeling activities, including interconnection implementation, full network model maintenance, resource and entity maintenance, energy data acquisition, and associated business processes and procedures. Leads collaboration with internal and external resources to coordinate solutions and resolve issues as required.
- Represents the department on specific ISO initiatives and in external working groups. Provides input and participates in applicable meetings, and develops necessary requirements and processes to support successful initiative implementation.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for market participant asset implementation software systems. Develops, documents and updates business requirements to ensure efficient business operations following the software development process.
- Participates and leads internal team to analyze business processes and procedures. Recommends enhancements to improve efficiency or capabilities as required in accordance with the ISO tariff, customer needs and current initiatives.
- Creates data queries, extracts data, performs data analysis, and develops reports and specifications to support communication and business needs.
Level of Education and Discipline:A Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training, or experience in Engineering, Business or related field. Amount of Experience:Equivalent years of education and training, plus five (5) or more years related experience.Type of Experience:Experience managing projects through multi-departmental processes. Experience writing business requirements and processes to support the design and implementation of complex, integrated IT systems is preferred. Experience in the energy or electric utility industry, and knowledge of resource modeling, plant data communications, and related State and Federal regulations associated with generation and transmission assets is desirable. Experience performing work associated with an independent system operator (ISO) organization in operations or equivalent experience is desirable.Additional Skills and Abilities:Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as facilitator and team member. Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and documentation skills required, with a demonstrated attention to detail. Ability to use deductive reasoning and analytical thinking with sound judgment and decision-making skills. Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are also essential. Must be self-starting, and willing and able to work independently in a dynamic corporate organization under pressure of tight deadlines and aggressive expectations. Self-motivated, problem solving skills and the ability to influence others without direct authority. Must be able to express technical concepts in a non-technical manner.Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel, Access, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, VBA) and relational databases is required. Ability to understand and maintain SQL scripts or similar software code and algorithms, including code written by others, and utilize software tools such as TOAD and SQL plus is desirable.The pay range for this position is $46.48 – 77.47 / hourly.The California Independent System Operator (ISO) manages the flow of electricity across the high-voltage, long-distance power lines that make up 80 percent of California’s power grid. We safeguard the economy and well-being of 30 million Californians by operating the grid reliably 24/7.As the impartial grid operator, the California ISO opens access to the wholesale power market that is designed to diversify resources and lower prices. It also grants equal access to 25,865 circuit-miles of power lines and reduces barriers to diverse resources competing to bring power to customers.The California ISO’s function is often compared to that of air traffic controllers. It would be grossly unfair for air traffic controllers to represent one airline and profit from allowing that company’s planes to go through before others. In the same way, the California ISO operates independently—managing the electron traffic on a power grid we do not own—making sure electricity is safely delivered to utilities and consumers on time and reliably.The California ISO is committed to the health, safety, and work/life integration of its employees, and is proud to offer flexible work arrangements. This position would be eligible to participate in a hybrid or remote work capacity, but requires the ability to commute in as needed.