Job ID 368199
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking a Senior ITS Engineer or Planner in Minneapolis, Minnesota and can also be remote.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
- The candidate will need to be a forward-looking team player who can work collaboratively with others, in a dynamic setting to support external client engagement, project management, business development, and internal leadership.
- The ideal person must be able to communicate their ideas clearly and convincingly to peers, senior leadership, partners, and clients.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Support growth of ITS practice in Minnesota
- Act as external liaison in Minnesota for ITS and emerging technology including but not limited to client interactions, project management, and partner relationship management
- Provide program support functions for large engineering programs across the Midwest
- Successfully lead pursuits of both traditional government RFPs as well as unsolicited proposals related to ITS and new technologies in transportation
- Supervise and direct other staff and project managers with multiple projects or program of projects
- Perform ITS and TSMO planning, ITS architecture, systems engineering, ITS design including fiber/wireless communications and devices, and traffic signal design
- Research, plan and implement smart infrastructure and CAV technology
- Manages projects and Minneapolis team in delivering world class service to clients
- BA/BS + 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Certified Planner (AICP)
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- 7+ years of ITS and technology engineering or planning experience
- AICP or Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Minnesota
- Strong understanding of ITS and emerging technology and knowledge of advanced mobility as they pertain to transportation systems
- Experience in ITS and TSMO planning, ITS architecture, systems engineering, ITS design, and connected and automated vehicle technology
- Experience in proposal development
- Active participation and presence in professional organizations
- Team-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions clearly and simply to clients, leadership, and technical staff
- Excellent written, graphical, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and research skills
- Ability to balance various project responsibilities, budgets, and deadlines while maintaining professionalism and quality
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.