Job ID 367419
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
As a Sr. Director/Portfolio Manager at our organization, you will be at the helm of a specialized cross-functional team that supports our global strategic clients. This role is execution-focused and requires strong advocacy for our partners while overseeing product development and influencing product roadmaps within the broader organization. Sr. Directors/Portfolio Managers play a pivotal role in collaborating with sales, relationship management, program management, product owners, and technology development teams. They are responsible for bringing innovative payment solutions to the market to differentiate our strategic partners, drive our sustained revenue growth, and extend our product offerings to enhance customer value and reinforce overall account relationships. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to partner with global, marquee enterprise clients. You will need to deeply understand clients’ needs to facilitate the delivery of payment-related solutions that further their strategic objectives. This role requires strong client advocacy and an execution-focused mindset while overseeing product development and influencing product roadmaps within the broader organization. Working closely with sales, relationship management, technology, and delivery teams, Sr. Directors/Portfolio Managers are instrumental in bringing innovative payment solutions to market. These solutions help differentiate our enterprise clients, enable sustained revenue growth, extend core product/service offerings, increase customer value, and strengthen overall client relationships. Success in this role requires industry-leading expertise in understanding and explaining the evolving payment ecosystem, product development and delivery, as well as partner advocacy and management. Strong business development, product development, and relationship management skills are essential.
– Establish authority and senior thought leadership within and outside the organization in strategic functions or disciplines.
– Provide technical or functional leadership, consulting on complex issues with broad technical or strategic implications for the function or region.
– Lead and manage multidisciplinary projects or initiatives, taking charge of a broad functional area, product group, or service area.
– Influence strategies to address internal or external business and regulatory issues, executing functional business plans and contributing to the development of functional strategies.
– Provide leadership to managers and/or senior professional staff and take accountability for large-scale projects. Decisions made will significantly impact a sub-function or department, guiding the functional or technical direction on key issues.
– Proactively identify and solve complex problems impacting the management and direction of the business, leveraging significant functional and industry experience and expertise.
– Act as a subject matter expert in multiple specific skill sets, business areas, or products.
– Lead and direct the portfolio of projects strategically, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
– Oversee the execution of the portfolio lifecycle, ensuring successful delivery of projects in line with strategic objectives.
– Take accountability for comprehensive portfolio management support, including developing and managing project plans, timelines, governance plans, reporting, and budgets.
– Lead client interactions, defining, committing, and delivering required functionality for their Go-To-Market plans.
– Develop and manage the portfolio backlog, prioritizing projects based on business needs and strategic fit.
– Lead strategic planning activities and facilitate high-level project meetings, ensuring the team delivers high-quality deliverables on time.
– Establish and manage client expectations throughout the project lifecycle, following defined scope management processes.
– Communicate committed timelines and assist clients in supporting integrated ASPS solutions.
– Create and review Statements of Work (SOWs) that cover development, testing, implementation, and warranty periods for all projects within the portfolio.
– Coordinate with Solution Architects and Product Management to determine the impact of mandates on client solutions.
– Report and escalate issues, risks, and blockers at the portfolio level, with mitigation plans and resolution paths.
– Partner with Account Management / Sales on Client Commercialization Plans.
– Organize all areas of client support and act as the hub of all partner interactions.
– Evaluate and manage portfolio performance, making necessary adjustments to ensure the achievement of strategic objectives.
– Drive innovation within the portfolio, identifying opportunities for new projects that align with business strategy and market trends.
– Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the portfolio, promoting best practices in project management and execution.
– Proven experience in project / program management, including managing scope, developing project plans/timelines, and addressing risks/issues.
– Strong business analysis skills with the ability to capture and manage client’s requirements and excellent attention to detail.
– Expertise in customer relationship management.
– Proven ability to drive execution delivery with a focus on accountability and ownership within a matrix organization.
– Assertive approach, result-oriented, and ability to solve complex problems.
– Strong leadership qualities and experience working as part of a cross-functional team to meet client goals.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, business development, product development, and relationship management skills.
This is a remote position. A remote position does not require job duties be performed within proximity of a Visa office location. Remote positions may be required to be present at a Visa office with scheduled notice.
– 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
– 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
– Quantitative-focused bachelor’s degree in business, or Computer Science or similar bachelor’s degree. MBA is a plus.
– 5+ years of professional consulting experience with considerable enterprise delivery experience.
– 5+ years of payment industry domain expertise.
– Strategic analysis background in financial services and/or emerging technologies.
– 25% travel is required for this position.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 145,400 to 200,000 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.