Job ID 373835
Remote Possible Yes
Under the general direction of the Manager, is responsible for translating ISO policy changes into market settlement design and implementing the market settlement design changes. Participates in policy discussions and provides recommendations based on impacts to settlements systems or processes. Participates in the configuration, testing and implementation of modifications to settlement system to reflect corporate and stakeholder initiatives. Researches, analyzes, recommends, implements settlement system defect fixes, and may implement dispute/defect corrections. Suggests and implements standards, processes and controls for new and existing business practices. Acts as a subject matter expert in identifying root causes of systemic data issues and recommends solutions. Performs duties on design implementation and testing for both business process and system changes. What You Will Be Doing:
- Designs and updates settlement configuration guides and implements settlement configuration changes resulting from corporate or stakeholder initiatives. Updates Business Process Manuals (BPMs) and works with policy and legal to review modifications. Reviews, creates, validates and executes test cases for all charge code configuration changes related to policy changes, project, or production defects. Ensures good quality of settlement system implementation. Identifies and implements process improvements which gains organizational or business efficiencies.
- Participates in policy discussions and provides subject matter expertise and guidance on implications to settlement systems or processes. Makes recommendations for policy changes that impact settlements. Collaborates with project management and business analysts to create settlement business requirements to reflect policy changes. Participates in the tariff reviews and development. Communicates with internal and external customers on Settlement changes and key timelines.
- Supports market simulation by analyzing input data, executing settlement calculations and publishing settlement statements per the market simulation calendar. Coordinates with other teams to ensure all input data is received to support the market simulation. Responds to settlement questions from internal and external customers during market simulation. Provides support to user acceptance testing for new or updated business processes or system changes in the department to promote quality implementations from an end-user and business needs perspective.
- Researches and resolves settlement issues, including working with other business units as necessary. Ensures assignments and deliverables are completed accurately, timely, with awareness of up-stream and down-stream impacts, and with value to internal and external customers. Communicates and interprets settlement results based on market behaviors and system conditions.
- Represents the business unit at inter-departmental meetings and supports the resolution of issues.
Level of Education and Discipline:
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Management of Information Systems, Business or related technical field. Master Degree preferred.
Amount of Experience:
- Equivalent years of education and training, plus five (5) or more years related experience.
Type of Experience:
- Experience in the electric utility industry and/or in a similar organization as the CAISO, with settlement, market, analysis or operational background is highly desired.
- Experience with data analysis or transactional applications required.
- Experience translating policy changes into business requirements and creating test cases preferred.
- Knowledge of CAISO Market and Settlement systems is desired.
- SQL database experience required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as facilitator and team member. Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication and documentation skills required, with a demonstrated attention to detail. Ability to use deductive reasoning and analytical thinking with sound judgement and decision-making skills. Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are also essential. Must be self-starting and willing and able to work independently in a dynamic corporate organization under pressure of tight deadlines and aggressive expectations. Self-motivated, problem solving skills and the ability to influence others without direct authority. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The pay range for this position is $48.86 – $81.44 / hourly.The California Independent System Operator (ISO) manages the flow of electricity across the high-voltage, long-distance power lines that make up 80 percent of California’s power grid. We safeguard the economy and well-being of 30 million Californians by operating the grid reliably 24/7.As the impartial grid operator, the California ISO opens access to the wholesale power market that is designed to diversify resources and lower prices. It also grants equal access to 25,865 circuit-miles of power lines and reduces barriers to diverse resources competing to bring power to customers.The California ISO’s function is often compared to that of air traffic controllers. It would be grossly unfair for air traffic controllers to represent one airline and profit from allowing that company’s planes to go through before others. In the same way, the California ISO operates independently—managing the electron traffic on a power grid we do not own—making sure electricity is safely delivered to utilities and consumers on time and reliably.The California ISO is committed to the health, safety, and work/life integration of it employees and is proud to offer flexible work arrangements. This position would be eligible to participate in a hybrid or fully remote schedule. Relocation Assistance is available.
ESL steel Limited – Remote –… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 17 hours ago
“Head HCO&VCO oversees Health, Safety, Environment, and Vertical Coke Oven Operations, ensuring HSES compliance, smooth plant functioning, commissioning, efficient production, performance monitoring, coal procurement, resource allocation, process ...
Chick Fil A Restaurants – Remote… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 17 hours ago
Support Now is an essential sub-department of Field Operations. We provide support to our corporate users and quick-service restaurants by making it easy for our Operators, Team Members, and ...