Job ID 368732
Requirements: The Social Media Marketing Intern should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- This role would be particularly good for those working towards a degree in Digital Media or Media Studies, Marketing or Digital Marketing, Journalism, Communications, and/or related fields
- Exceptional writing skills are required (English)
- Proficient verbal communication/speaking skills are a plus
- Social Media platform experience required (Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- Canva experience preferred
- Responsive, consistent, and effective communicator, even during conflict
- Ability to work remotely and on their own schedule in order to make deadlines
- Google Workspace experience preferred
- Ability to attend the weekly Organization-Wide meetings
- Ability to attend the weekly Social Media team meeting
- Must be authorized to intern in the U.S.
Job Title: Social Media Intern
Reports to: Social Media Team Lead and Director of Media
OUR NATIONAL CONVERSATION (ONC) seeks to become a national gathering place where American citizens from all walks of life can engage in intelligent, civil, and inclusive conversations about politics and public policy.
Our goal is to get America talking again, with an eye toward making America a better country.
The Social Media Intern contributes to ONC’s mission of providing nonpartisan news, opinions, and policy solutions by building a strong social media presence and community on platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Youtube. These interns will help with tasks including, but not limited to content creation, rollout strategy, engagement and data analytics. We want our platforms to contribute to creating interactive communities where civil discussion is encouraged. Social Media Interns may have the opportunity to become the face of one or more of our platforms if desired.
This position is remote, with work primarily conducted over Zoom and Slack, so applicants must be comfortable coordinating in a remote environment and are expected to maintain a high level of communication. This intern must commit to at least the end of the Spring semester (April 30th, 2024). However, many people choose to extend their internship past the amount of time they initially committed to, provided their performance meets the required standards.
Benefits: Flexible schedule, college credit, professional networking, and resume-building experience.
Compensation: This is not a paid position.
- Helping to carry out the vision and social media strategy set by the Social Media Team Lead and Director of Media for ONC.
- Creating content for various social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Remaining up-to-date with current popular trends on all social media platforms.
- Completing deliverables marked on the content calendar and suggesting ideas for approval on the content calendar.
- Analyze social media data on a weekly basis and implement modifications accordingly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.