Job ID 373839
Remote Possible Yes
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We’re one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is looking for an experienced Sr. Traffic Engineer which can be worked remotely, with an emphasis in traffic analysis and VISSIM modeling, to lead our traffic analysis team providing technical leadership and independent delivery of small to large projects.
Our team works with local and national clients to provide solutions to their transportation needs across all modes of travel. Typical projects and daily tasks are focused on traffic engineering related services such as traffic projections, traffic impact studies, traffic analysis and simulation, traffic safety analysis/studies, conceptual planning and design, and other transportation related studies.
Projects may also include traffic engineering design services for development of roadway striping, signing, signal, or maintenance of traffic plans for small to large highway and/or municipal roadways.
- Leads a growing team of junior engineers in the execution of smaller standalone traffic engineering projects, or traffic entering tasks as part of larger projects.
- Provides day-to-day direct mentoring and guidance to junior engineers in the execution of their tasks.
- Performs or oversees—with little supervision—all aspects of traffic engineering studies including data collection, microsimulation model development and calibration (SimTraffic and VISSIM) or other deterministic models such as Synchro, HCS, Vistro, or Sidra, traffic forecasting, and analysis of alternatives.
- Presents technical findings to internal project teams, clients, and the public.
- Documentation in technical memoranda and reports.
- Follows AECOM and client process in performing quality control tasks of other engineers’ work.
- Coordinates work load projections for direct reports and coordinates with other discipline leads in the Phoenix office and traffic groups in surrounding states to coordinate workshare opportunities
- Works collaboratively with other discipline leads in the Phoenix office to perform business development activities such as identification of project opportunities, marketing clients, making technical presentations at conferences, assisting with proposal preparation, and assisting with recruiting efforts.
- Assists direct reports in setting and accomplishing goals that advance their professional development.
- Assists project managers in the development of scopes of work, cost estimates, and schedules.
- Proposes approaches to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule
- BA/BS + 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- 8+ years of experience in traffic engineering
- Experience in supporting business development activities including preparing project proposals and firm marketing
- Professional Engineer license in the State of Arizona, or the ability to obtain license within 6 months
- Experience in technical execution of tasks for traffic engineering projects with an emphasis of microsimulation and modeling of all modes of transportation and facility types
- Proficient with Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, and HCS software
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
- Expertise with Highway Capacity Manual and FHWA Traffic Analysis Toolkit methodologies
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office applications
- Professional Engineer license
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing
- Experience in traffic safety analysis including Highway Safety Manual, traffic signal warrants, traffic signal and pedestrian crossing control system analysis, and design; and traffic signing and pavement marking analysis and design
- Experience in task/project management, staff oversight, application and development of technical skills, and experience working directly with internal and external clients
- Experience in mentorship and development of traffic engineering interns and/or entry level staff
- Experience with MicroStation or other similar applications
- Experience with traditional four step or activity based travel demand models
- Project management experience
- Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $116,000 – $170,000/yr.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.