Job ID 373827
Remote Possible Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create well-structured test plans and test design
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using tools in OOP language
- Identify, record, document and track bugs
- Perform appropriate level of regression testing
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet business needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Communicate and coordinate activities with engineering departments including Software Development, Product Management, DevOps and other engineering teams
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong testing mindset, ability to determine and make use of appropriate testing techniques
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyse system architecture, data flow between systems, integrations with external systems
- Testing software using an agile methodology. This entails:
- Iterative development over 2-week sprints
- Analysis of requirements
- Exploratory testing – Simultaneous Test design and Test execution
- Develop automation scripts
- Work with tools such as Git, TFS, and SQL Server
- Work with REST clients like Postman, Insomnia
- Work on systems centered around microservices and APIs written in Java
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in writing automation scripts
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (such as Azure Devops)
- Experience with tools like JIRA and Software Development and Collaboration tools
- Experience with front end automation
- Experience with front end application development frameworks like Angular
- Experience with OOD and OOP concepts
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience testing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Forward Thinking – Anticipates how individuals and groups will react to situations and information and plans accordingly. Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly. Notices trends in the industry or marketplace and develops plans to prepare for opportunities or problems. Anticipates possible problems and develops contingency plans in advance.
- Drives Performance – Develops challenging but achievable goals. Maintains commitment to goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations. Finds or creates ways to measure performance against goals. Has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done. Creates momentum and drives behavior change when necessary.
- Adaptability – Adapts to new ideas and initiatives across a wide variety of issues or situations. Adapts interpersonal style to highly diverse individuals and groups in a range of situations. Supports major changes that challenge traditional ways of operating. Anticipates change in order to adapt own plans and priorities.
- Fosters Teamwork – Assumes additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of team goals. Seeks input from other team members on matters that affect them. Shares all relevant information with others.
- Open + Transparent Communication – Recalls others’ main points, taking them into account in own communication. Checks own understanding of others’ communication (e.g., paraphrases, asks questions). Elicits comments or feedback on what has been said. Maintains continuous, open and consistent communication with others.
- Technical Expertise – With guidance, completes common tasks, which present limited difficulties. Reads standard documents to extract key information. Assists team in carrying out complex tasks.
Values and Life at XplorOur four core values that guide us from how we hire and recognize our team members to how we interact with our customers day to day:
Make life simple
Build for people
Move with purpose
Create lasting communities.
If these values sound like you, and describe people you want to work with, you will thrive at Xplor.As an Xplorer, you will be part of a global network of talented colleagues who will support your success. We look for commonalities and shared passions and give people the tools they need to deliver great work and grow at speed.Some of our perks and benefits are: *include additional benefits provided in your region*
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- #GiveBackDays/Commitment to social impact – 3 extra days off to volunteer and give back to your local community
- Ongoing dedication to Diversity & Inclusion initiatives such as D&I Council, Global Mentorship Program
- Access to free mental health support
- Flexible working arrangement
Ready to apply?To start your application, please submit your resume and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word “moonshot” at the top of your message to the Hiring Manager so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.
We understand that diverse candidates have diverse needs. We welcome you to inform us of any additional needs related to completing your job application or participating in the interview process, via [email protected]. We kindly ask you to apply through our careers portal or external job boards only. Please don’t send your application via email.More about us Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022. Good to knowTo learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers. We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.Xplor is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal opportunities to all our employees and to all eligible applicants for employment in our company. We do not unfairly discriminate on any ground, including race, caste, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or any other category protected by applicable law.We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.At Xplor, we believe that helping people make the most of each day is the most rewarding way to spend ours.We give small and medium-sized businesses cloud-based, intuitive technology solutions that enable them to manage all the hassles of running and growing a business, so business owners can get back to doing what they love. With Xplor Pay, we help businesses get paid quickly and securely – without hidden fees. We built the tech ourselves, and our platform delivers secure, transparent, fast, and accurate payments.We are unified by our purpose of helping people to succeed. So, when you become part of our team, you also become part of the personal connection that strengthens the relationship people have with Xplor products.