Job ID 372086
Remote Possible Yes
IFS is a billion-dollar revenue company with 5000+ employees on all continents. We deliver award-winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service™.
At IFS, we’re flexible, we’re innovative, and we’re focused not only on how we can engage with our customers, but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society’s greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We’re looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we’ll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure project quality and the correct use of the IFS Implementation Methodology and other implementation tools to include overall project planning, direction and guidance
- Be responsible for the project status and reporting to the Project Steering Group
- Ensure implementation projects are delivered to budget and on time
- Manage scope and variations
- Control of commercial, resource time and functional project risks
- Oversee all communications and progress reporting with the customer
- Coordinate all IFS resources allocated to the customer project
- Set up the necessary project structures, reporting and forecasting within the internal IFS Applications environment
- Review all time and cost bookings each month, and to produce the services invoices up to the preliminary invoice stage, within the relevant reporting deadlines
- Liaise with the Finance Department in the progress and payment of outstanding invoices, in order to minimise customer debtor balances
- Oversee the delivery of technical development within the established IFS technical procedures
- From time to time, the Senior Project Manager may be required to liaise with sales management to provide pre-sales consultancy/presentations, and to construct responses and customer proposals
- The above list is not exhaustive, and you may be asked to undertake reasonable additional duties / projects as and when required.
Overall Required Competence
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the IFS implementation methodologies and is able to confidently educate others on this
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of and integrates appropriate project management tools and processes
- A deep understanding of the IFS Success Offerings (enabled, guided, tailored) and is able to present on these
- Understands when to apply/ obtain the necessary requisite subject matter expertise (technical/functional)
- Is able to maintain project objectivity
- Demontstrates the ability to take intitiative
- Demonstrates the ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Within the confines of the project, is able to affect change and monitor progress
- Demonstrates the ability to respond in a politically astute manner
- Demonstrates the ability to manage conflict
- Is able to successfully run and facilitate meetings and workshops
- An understanding of IFS contracts (SOW’s and MSA’s) and the ability to interpret these
- A deep understanding of scope management, the ability to recognise scope changes
- Demonstrates the ability to Plan, lead, manage and deliver medium to large size projects
- The ability to draft a contract
- Native or business level Japanese is a must, business level English is preferred
- University degree in a technical discipline, MBA, or equivalent professional qualification or work experience
- Success if similar roles focused on project management
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in project management
- Prior experience in managing ERP implementation projects (preferably several full project lifecycles)
- Experience in conducting projects using an Agile methodology would be an asset
- Certification in one of other Project Management methodologies Prince2 or PMP would be an asset