Senior Process Engineer – renewable energy
San Diego, CA
Seeking Process Engineer with a go-getter attitude who can bring strong Process Engineering knowledge experience to the table, and in return they’re offering opportunities to grow and lead in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Ample opportunity for growth and skill development.
What You’ll Do:
- The engineer is also responsible for evaluating safety, production, quality and cost performance on an on-going basis and on demand, with objective to rank and prioritize initiatives, and while interfacing with Technical, Operations and Maintenance organizations.
- Develop and maintain a risk-based approach to assess operational performance (safety, production, quality and cost) with the ultimate goal to conceive, justify, design, and develop advanced process control strategies. This includes identifying and prioritizing improvement opportunities, preparing improvement project proposals, conducting cost-benefit analyses, performing scenario process simulations and supporting the budgeting and capital planning processes.
- Provide hands-on development and troubleshooting of process plant digitized and automated systems. This includes developing and upkeep of system specifications, engineering documentation, operation & maintenance procedures and other related thoughtware
- Conduct Root Cause Analyses as part of Zero Defect deployment, with follow up of solution development and implementation.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree considered as a plus.
- Hands-on knowledge of statistical methodology and process control (SPC, Cpk, DOE, ANOVA, hypothesis testing, Gauge R&R, etc) and software such as Minitab)
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis and Failure Mode Assessments, as well as preventive analysis (HAZOP, FMEA, Criticality). Working knowledge of OSHA standards and Process Safety Management
- Minimum 15 years in large-scale industrial process plants (chemical, oil & gas, mineral processing or manufacturing), including:
- PLC and controls design and programming – hands on implementation and trouble shooting (Allen-Bradley, Rockwell).
- Hands on DCS knowledge a plus.Inline process instrumentation and control schemes (flow, pressure, temperature, visual systems, density, etc)Process design & engineering (PFD, P&IDs, equipment sizing, process layout, flowsheet development, heat & mass balance)
- Automated data acquisition and SCADA. Knowledge in OSI-PI a plus.
- Advanced and smart control systems, and OPC protocols
Why Work Here:
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole.
- Stable and established work environment: perfect for someone looking to lay down roots with a company.
- People / Atmosphere: Work with a welcoming and collaborative team with a drive for success.
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $150-180K/ year.
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume to email@example.com if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest scientists in the life sciences industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!