Job ID 367373
Senior Network Engineer – Home Based
Who are we?
We are Daisy Corporate Services, one of the largest providers of Communications and IT solutions across the UK! Founded in 2001, we have gone from strength to strength as we continue to grow and deliver high quality end-to-end IT solutions and services to more than 2,000 UK businesses, across all sectors. Our portfolio spans Modern Workplace, Connectivity, Unified Communications, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Operational Resilience and more.
What’s it like to work for us?
We care about our colleagues and strive to give them the support they need to be the best version of themselves! In fact, in our most recent Colleague Engagement survey, 90% agreed that their manager genuinely cares about them as a person and consistently takes an honest and open approach to communication. We also aim to ensure that work works for you by offering flexible working, hybrid/home-based working styles (where possible), holiday purchase schemes, health & wellbeing programs, free day of annual leave for birthdays and more!
A full security clearance is required for this role. Candidates must have lived in the UK for 5 or more years to be considered.
What’s on offer?
- Location: Home Based
- Salary: Up to £65k per annum
- Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 per week, 08:30 – 17:00, Mon – Fri
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll lead the Core Network Engineering in our Connectivity Managed Services team, making sure we meet our contract obligations as outlined in our Specific Conditions (SCs). You’ll also be the expert, delivering top-notch service and support, ensuring consistent, optimised, secure, and automated systems throughout the product’s life.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Providing estimates of effort for design and implementation work
- Producing complex solution LLD (Low-Level Design) across single and multiple technologies.
- Confirming the LLD design supports the HLD (High-Level Design)
- Production of build, integration, and test plans for project delivery.
- Performing solution implementation tasks from the low-level design.
- Testing the solution components and overall technology build.
- Providing building, integrating, and testing status updates to interested parties.
- Creating relevant and quality documentation to allow for handover to support.
- Providing flexibility with support and implementation.
- Be customer facing and able to successfully interact with customers at multiple levels.
- Validation of solution high level designs – querying missing or incomplete information.
- Participating where necessary within the on-call rota.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Broadband and traffic management expertise
- MPLS, DC/hosting, and NFV knowledge
- Wide Area Network design and troubleshooting
- Security solutions (firewall, VPN, NAT)
- Routing and switching in ISP/NSP environments
- Cisco ASR, Nexus, ASA platforms
- Local Area Network design and troubleshooting
- Sysadmin skills (UNIX/Linux, scripting)
- Network automation tools (Ansible/Salt)
- RIPE NCC and MPLS services
- Network monitoring (SNMP, packet analysis)
- Cisco Data Centre solutions (Nexus, UCS)
- Quality of Service (QoS) expertise
- Compute/hypervisor platforms (VMWare, Hyper-V, Storage Replication)
- DNS and Public IP management
- Service Provider operations knowledge
- Strong technical documentation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Proficient in conveying technical concepts to various audiences.
- Customer and business-focused with a commitment to quality.
- Expert at managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships.
- Translates complex technical concepts for business leaders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Positive, flexible, and adaptable attitude.
- High emotional intelligence and people skills.
- Expands IT and communications industry knowledge.
- Willingness to travel.
Some of the key benefits we offer include:
- Holiday – Starting at 25 (increasing to up to 30 days for each year you stay with us) + a holiday purchase scheme!
- Free Days – Free day of annual leave for birthdays and weddings.
- Daisy University and Apprenticeships – Giving you the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge whilst you work for us.
- Home Based Working, to ensure work WORKS for you!
- Enhanced family friendly policies – We are here to look after you and your nearest and dearest.
- Health & Wellbeing offering – Including discounted membership for health plans + Eye Care Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, and an in-house Wellbeing team.
- The Exchange – Online discount platform for more than 1,200 retailers.
Interested? Submit your interest today for review and consideration by our friendly Talent Acquisition Team!