The General Motors DEI Team is seeking a Senior Diversity Business Partner to support Software & Services!
Working in close collaboration with the Head of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and Software & Services, the Senior Diversity Business Partner builds and drives the DEI strategy and action plans for two or more functions within the business unit. The ideal candidate is an experienced DEI professional, who brings depth and breadth of understanding in the DEI space and a proven track record of achieving DEI outcomes through partnership with business and HR leaders. The role requires depth of understanding in DEI analytics and programmatic, closed-loop mechanisms. This individual develops and strengthens relationships with the business leaders, business DEI ambassadors and ERG members to lead and drive the DEI action plan for the business unit, managing the day-to-day efforts of these teams. Their primary responsibility will be to activate and drive DEI strategies across the people, marketplace and society pillars of the DEI strategy, leading to measurable outcomes in both DEI and the broader business.
The Senior Diversity Business Partner will be expected to:
- Lead a team of DEI business partners in the execution and scale of DEI initiatives across the globe
- Drive DEI outcomes in the business functions through influence and collaboration
- Work with the Data Insights team to determine the most effective ways to measure progress, performance and alignment to overall strategy
- Provide guidance to business functions as they work to develop DEI ambassadors comprised of a business team Executive Champion, leads, Employee Resource Group members and DEI communications partners
- Collect and analyze diversity metrics to evaluate current state, assess progress, identify gaps, and provide data-driven gap closure recommendations to business
- Routinely consult and collaborate with DEI Business Unit Director regarding impact to business performance and associated KPIs
- Maintains thorough understanding of current cultural trends, industry trends and current events within the DEI space and diverse communities; Communicates with stakeholders in a relevant matter that supports dialogue and understanding
- Partner with the DEI Business Insights Team, HR and functional leaders to develop, integrate and execute to data-driven solutions towards achieving corporate KSIs and metrics/measures
- Translate domestic DEI programs for use globally, and learn from global initiatives to enhance and strengthen U.S. programs
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including legal, compliance, and finance, to ensure alignment and compliance
- Work with partners in HR Talent Acquisition to ensure an equitable recruiting, hiring and onboarding process is maintained and leveraged for business functions
- Collaborate with appointed leads from business function to ensure foundational framework for promoting inclusion remains intact and programs/processes are aligned and sustainable over time
- Communicate and share standardized processes and best practices with global DEI Business counterparts
- Work cross functionally with members from the greater Global HR business team to develop, and implement proven strategies, techniques, and practices for establishing diverse talent pipelines
- Ensure alignment with HR policies and procedures within the employee lifecycle
Must be able to demonstrate :
Strategic Thinker: Ability to evaluate and ‘connect the dots’ quickly.
Scorekeeper: Ability to use data to gage the impact the client service model is having within the business. Has a passion for translating data.
Coach: Must have a record of accomplishment and be capable of leading difficult missions to drive significant culture change while keeping team members engaged throughout
Integrator: Experience with integrating DEI strategy into businesses while achieving desired global DEI outcomes.
Innovative Learner : Must stay current with business updates and is consistently building upon the expertise of people driving culture and business results. Business and cultural relevancy will be key to the team’s success.
- Political Savvy
- Relationship Building
- Conflict Management
- Organizational Agility
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in human resource management, communications, business, or related field
- At least 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in building and implementing diversity initiatives, HR program management, or related field
- Experience in a software organization preferred
- Ability to develop and nurture diverse talent communities
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experiencing influencing and leading a team
- Demonstrate significant capability and experience developing and implementing diversity, inclusion and leadership development strategies, practices, and programs
- Ability to utilize metrics to demonstrate success in building /strengthening a company’s employer branding proposition
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, while remaining composed, thorough and detail orientated
- Ability to be agile and pivot at short notice
- Passionate, proactive, solution orientated, creative and able to think and learn quickly
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
- The expected base compensation for this role is $112,142 – $175,401 USD Annually.
- Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we’re looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.