Job ID 367401
Senior Civil/Environmental Engineer
- State/Province: Alberta
- Business Group: DCS
- Business Line: Environment
- Work Location Model: Hybrid
- Operating Group: Americas
- Primary Location: CA – Edmonton, AB – 18817 Stony Plai
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Civil/Environmental Engineer to join our growing Western Canada Environment team. The right candidate can work locally from our Edmonton AB office and AECOM can provide hybrid work options to give the flexibility you need to do your best work. This is a Full-time position.
We have a significant backlog of major northern mine remediation, solid waste management, remediation and civil design projects in need of great team members. The role encompasses a blend of technical project oversight, project management, client liaison and staff mentoring, adapted to fit your experience and career aspirations. Our preferred candidate has a can-do attitude, is enthusiastic, team-oriented professional, with a strong technical background that is up for the challenge of working on these fascinating projects.
Below are example responsibilities you can expect when working within the AECOM team to deliver all phases of projects:
- Developing technical solutions to complete civil grading, site remediation, and solid waste management designs.
- Working with our local design team to develop designs in AutoCAD Civil 3D. Applicant should have experience with supervising and directing modelling as well as reviewing and taking professional responsibility for civil grading designs.
- Preparing documentation for design projects: technical letters, memorandums, reports, drawings, and detailed design packages.
- Preparation of project specifications, contract documents, construction packages, and construction cost estimates.
- Preparation of regulatory submittal documents for development.
- Collaborating with junior and intermediate staff on client, co-worker, sub-contractor and sub-consultant communication and management.
- Providing oversight on multi-disciplinary projects, such as: proposal development and change management; safety and logistics; regulatory and stakeholder management; tracking of cost and schedule; coordination of project deliverables and technical aspects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Civil, Geotechnical, Environmental etc.)
- 8+ years of related experience within civil, municipal, environmental, or geotechnical projects.
- Registered Professional Engineer with APEGA.
- Valid driver’s license.
Below are examples of experience that would be an asset when working in this position:
- P.Eng. registered with multiple provincial or territorial jurisdictions.
- Proficient technical writing experience for detailed design reports and regulatory document submissions.
- 15+ years of technical experience within any following fields:
- Civil engineering design, preferably in earthworks and grading
- Solid waste management including new cell design and cell closure
- Mine closure and remediation
- Remedial option assessment, implementation, system operation and maintenance
- Geotechnical and/or geological engineering, geochemistry, or mining
- Working within a variety of regulatory frameworks
- Construction oversight, QAQC, contract administration
- Coordination of designs with drafting teams and/or personal proficiency with AutoCAD
- Experience with project management:
- Use of systems and reporting as it relates to control of scope, scheduling, and cost
- Proposal writing, job scoping, project plans
- Working in a team setting to meet timelines and quality management requirements
- Project management training, such as PMP certification
- Personal Attributes
- Highly developed written communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; conduct yourself with integrity, work within multi-disciplined teams, deal with complex issues, and maintain effective working relationships
- Have a high level of initiative and enthusiasm for getting things done.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; excellent knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Willingness to travel for work within Canada.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.