Job ID 371844
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We’re one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is seeking a Senior Analyst, Economic Development & Urban Policy to help analyze and shape strategies for economic growth and resilience in communities across the US. This is a remote role. The Economics + Advisory Practice has three core disciplines: Sustainable Economics, Economic Development & Urban Policy, and Real Estate Advisory.
Our team helps clients understand market demand, identify industry sectors and clusters positioned for growth, and clarify economic and demographic disparities. We evaluate policies and programs intended to encourage housing production or shift spending to understand their true impact on the market participants and determine risks of inequitable outcomes. We focus on evaluating the impact of pre-existing structural economic challenges that hold back regional economic performance across sectors such as housing, green jobs, and advanced manufacturing, while also assessing strategies for Covid recovery across industry, labor force, housing, social services, and real estate.
The Economic Development & Urban Policy team is looking for a Senior Analyst who can conduct quantitative and qualitative economic analysis, analyze policies and programs, evaluate industry sectors and clusters, and develop policy solutions in support of economic resilience and recovery efforts, a range of traditional planning studies, and broader advisory roles for municipal entities and agencies.
Our research efforts rely on statistical approaches to align trends across industries and clusters with occupations, factoring in skills, abilities, experience to clarify evolving workforce needs. Our strategies are enabled by a strong focus on implementation, leveraging stakeholder engagement to clarify regional strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities. In context with regional challenges linked to Covid recovery.
The senior analyst will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to lead discrete technical tasks, including developing and implementing quantitative analytical approaches; conducting data analysis, economic and financial modeling, literature reviews, and interviews; developing graphics and presentations to communicate key findings; and writing sections of client deliverables and proposals. The position requires the ability to work closely with managers to balance multiple projects and deadlines, delegate appropriate tasks to more junior staff, and communicate clearly with both clients and other team members.
Example Project Types:
- Post-Disaster / Post-Covid Economic Recovery Plans
- Regional Economic Development Strategic Plans
- Funding and financing strategies for public sector investments
- Social equity analysis and equitable policy and strategy development
- Program / Policy Design and Testing
- Housing Needs Assessments, Inclusionary Zoning Market and Feasibility Analysis
- Labor Force Analysis
- Freight and Goods Movement Analysis
- Economic and Fiscal Impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Urban Planning, Public Policy Analysis, Business, or a related field plus four (4) years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- 7+ years of professional experience at a planning and economics consulting firm, or equivalent professional experience in urban economics, data science, urban planning, public policy analysis, or related fields
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Urban Planning, Public Policy, Economics, or a related field
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative economic analysis related to economic & community development, equity, public health, public finance, and/or resilience
- Ability to think critically, analyze policy, and write effectively
- Experience leading discrete technical tasks, presenting and developing content for client deliverables and proposals, and presenting professional work at meetings
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong technical skills, including experience with one or more of the following software packages:
- ArcGIS and other spatial analysis tools
- Quantitative/statistical programs such as STATA, R, Python
- Economic impact modeling tools such as RIMS II, IMPLAN, REMI
- Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position typically is $81,000- $120,000. Please note that this role can be based anywhere in the United States and compensation data will vary in each location, including higher or lower than the stated range.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
2023-7034_Systems Engineer – Level II Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 9 mins ago
The Cloud Engineer (Systems Engineer) works closely with cloud platform engineering, architecture, and development teams to run and operate cloud-native, DevOps delivered, highly scalable and fault tolerant systems and ...
Electrical Controls Engineer Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 11 mins ago
Cortland’s Electrical Controls Engineer will Perform electrical engineering & design of integrated thermal control systems for customer applications involving molten metal processing, heating designs and transferring metal in ...