Job ID 373189
Requirements: The Script Writing/Creative Writing Team Lead should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- This role would be particularly good for those working towards a degree in Journalism, Script Writing, Creative Writing, Media Studies, English/Literature, and/or related fields
- Creative writing skills and ability to “think outside the box” required
- A sense of humor, as it requires the ability to infuse originality and wit into the content
- Responsive, consistent, and effective communicator, even during conflict
- A self-starter who is willing to take initiative and complete tasks
- Ability to work remotely and on their own schedule in order to make deadlines
- Google Workspace experience preferred
- Ability to attend the weekly Organization-Wide meetings
- Ability to lead weekly Creative Writing meetings
- Must be authorized to intern in the U.S.
*Applicants must submit a writing sample with their application.
Job Title: Script Writing/Creative Writing Team Lead
Reports to: Director of Media, COO and CEO
Job Description: The Script Writing/Creative Writing Team Lead will contribute to ONC’s mission of providing non-partisan news, opinions, and policy solutions by leading a team of 4-5 script writing/creative writing interns. The Script Writing/Creative Writing Team Lead will delegate tasks to interns within the department, assigning responsibilities based on their strengths and expertise. They will provide guidance and support to interns, ensuring they have the necessary resources and assistance to excel in their roles. This Team Lead will actively coach interns, fostering their professional development and helping them navigate their responsibilities within the department. The Script Writing/Creative Writing Team Lead is responsible for ensuring the creation of original, humorous, informative, and compelling scripts for various segments within the Media Department. They will collaborate with the Historical Research Team Lead, Director of Media and core content writers to cover a wide range of political topics from varied political perspectives. This Lead should have a keen interest in creative writing, humor, and the multifaceted nature of politics. Lastly, applicants must submit a writing sample with their application.
This position is remote, with work primarily conducted over Zoom and Slack, so applicants must be comfortable coordinating in a remote environment and are expected to maintain a high level of communication. The duration of this internship can be as short as a semester or as long as a year or more and can be extended. Preferably, this leader will commit to 6 months.
Compensation: This is not a paid position.
Benefits: Flexible schedule, college credit, professional networking, and resume-building experience.
- Oversee the Script Writing/Creative Writing Team at ONC.
- Delegate tasks to interns based on their strengths and expertise.
- Provide guidance and support to interns.
- Create original, humorous, informative, and compelling scripts for various segments within the Media Department.
- Collaborate with the Director of Media and core content writers to cover a diverse range of political topics from varied perspectives.
- Understand key audiences and develop targeting strategies to drive engagement in regard to ONC’s media content.
- Effectively communicate with other ONC team members (Slack, email, Zoom)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.