Job ID 365939
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that’s all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you’ll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
- Coaching and Leadership: You’ll build and manage two Product Designers, supporting and growing their capabilities through 1:1 coaching, feedback and guidance.
- Vision and Strategy: You’ll clearly define the design vision, strategy and roadmap to your design group and senior stakeholders, creating clarity through your communication by simplifying complex things and be able to adjust these if/when priorities shift
- Advocacy and education: Creatively build a strong mobile-first culture across the Product group, including at the leadership level. Introducing strategies that prioritise Mobile thinking in our Product Design Playbook, evangelise mobile design best practices, contribute to our Design System documentation, showcasing data and research insights that support team goals and strategies, while offering presentations / workshops across groups with cross-functional teams and executive leaders, etc.
- Scale the Product Design team: You’ll plan for future design resourcing needs within your team and sub-group to scale the way we build and support our native app offerings.
- Shape and establish design processes: By driving design best practices, you’ll enable more significant impact and efficiency across the team.
- Team building: Through group and team identity, ways of working, rituals and processes. Creating and nurturing a positive environment of belonging, trust, safety, and inclusion.
- Prioritisation: You can take broad, conceptual ideas and collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to ensure that the team prioritises the most valuable features.
- Research: You deeply understand competitors, trends, patterns, best practices, UX design inspiration, and user and business insights.
- Partnering with leadership, contributing to the overall strategy and goals of the supergroup and Product Design specialty. Bring your ideas and initiative to level up our collective craft and impact.
Goals that you’ll achieve
- Audit the existing mobile and tablet experiences, end-to-end and identify opportunities for improvement and quick wins as well as opportunities to add mobile magic.
- Understand and scale existing Mobile-centric needs of our Product Designers, to develop a clear pathway of actionable goals to introduce mobile-first guidance and assets to scale how our product teams build better mobile experiences.
- Review Mobile Vision and contribute to its evolution. Specifically looking at Mobile end-to-end, that helps us shift left to inform a clear Mobile-first strategy at the company level, and addresses the importance of a Mobile only approach for our growth markets.
- Partnering with Design Research to help steer future considerations for the team’s roadmap and strategy
- Develop clear comms and education strategy for shifting-left on Mobile First and Mobile Only as a part of our PDP, plus Evangelise mobile design best practises with fellow product designers throughout Canva.
- Ongoing: Partner with the mobile team lead Product Manager and Engineer to form a triad and develop a long-term design vision for Canva on mobile devices, across iOS and Android platforms.