Job ID 372143
Remote Possible Yes
Candidate has deep expertise in applying statistical, programming and related methods such as machine learning and scientific expertise to the design, implementation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of research, clinical and administrative studies. Has deep knowledge of healthcare data types, topics, and scientific challenges and approaches. The Principal Statistician must possess expert-level knowledge of statistics in medicine, and be able to identify and apply various analytical approaches as they relate to these fields.
Work with data engineers, data scientists, informaticians and clinicians at Mayo, and partner with outside companies to design and execute complex statistical analysis that can be used to improve patient care both at Mayo and at healthcare institutions around the world. Candidates will present findings to various enterprise departments/divisions. May have direct and indirect reports.
The position will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Provides deep, data-driven insights for complex business problems through an array of advanced statistical methods
- Develops predictive and prescriptive models to address complex problems, discover insights, and identify opportunities using machine learning, statistical techniques, and data mining.
- Makes presentations on assigned projects or proposals both internally and externally
- Serves as a subject matter expert in model validation techniques and practices
- Functions independently and initiates judgment in handling delegated responsibilities.
- Experience leading technical/quantitative teams.
- Develops and executes on experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
- Leads and directs the interpretation of statistical analysis and writing reports.
- PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics or equivalent.
- Alternatively, a Masters’ degree in same fields with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Five years of experience as a statistician or equivalent required.
- Experience in statistical analysis or programming software such as SAS, R or python.
- Expertise in the use of statistical computing and data management packages.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate various tasks on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Contributes to organizational initiatives in administration, education, or software development.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Demonstrates initiative in administration and education (e.g., seminars or training).
- A commitment to customer service with an attitude of owning the experience of each customer is required.
The successful candidate will need to have both technical and business background/experience along with strong leadership skills. Good written and oral communication skills are required. Deep expertise in the application of statistical methods in healthcare. Demonstrated initiative in software development, and technical reports. Demonstrated application of several problem-solving methodologies, planning techniques, continuous improvement methods, project management methods, and analytical tools and methodologies (e.g. machine learning, statistical packages, modeling, etc.) required. Incumbent must have ability to independently manage a varied workload of projects with multiple priorities and stay current on healthcare trends and enterprise changes. Excellent interpersonal skills to include presentation, negotiation, persuasion, and written communications skills are required. Exceptional time management is required. In addition, requires excellent analytical skills, consulting skills, ability to identify and recommend solutions, advanced computer application skills and a commitment to customer service. Experience with data modeling and date exploration tools.
$138,236 – $200,408 / year
Monday – Friday, Normal Business Hours
100% Remote. This position may work remotely from any location within the US.
20%+ travel may be required
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
ESL steel Limited – Remote –… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 16 hours ago
“Head HCO&VCO oversees Health, Safety, Environment, and Vertical Coke Oven Operations, ensuring HSES compliance, smooth plant functioning, commissioning, efficient production, performance monitoring, coal procurement, resource allocation, process ...
Chick Fil A Restaurants – Remote… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 16 hours ago
Support Now is an essential sub-department of Field Operations. We provide support to our corporate users and quick-service restaurants by making it easy for our Operators, Team Members, and ...