Job ID 369886
- Writing and reviewing great-quality code
- Understanding the client’s business use cases and technical requirements and being able to convert them into a technical design that elegantly meets the requirements
- Mapping decisions with requirements and being able to translate the same to developers
- Identifying different solutions and being able to narrow down the best option that meets the client’s requirements
- Defining guidelines and benchmarks for NFR considerations during project implementation
- Writing and reviewing design documents explaining the overall architecture, framework, and high-level design of the application for the developers
- Reviewing architecture and design on various aspects like extensibility, scalability, security, design patterns, user experience, NFRs, etc., and ensuring that all relevant best practices are followed
- Developing and designing the overall solution for defined functional and non-functional requirements; and defining technologies, patterns, and frameworks to materialize it
- Understanding and relating technology integration scenarios and applying these learnings in projects
- Resolving issues that are raised during code/review, through exhaustive systematic analysis of the root cause, and being able to justify the decision taken
- Carrying out POCs to make sure that suggested design/technologies meet the requirements
- 10+ years of experience in programming roles using Java
- Strong experience in Core Java, Spring, JSF, and Hibernate/Spring Data JPA.
- Experience in SOA-based architecture, Web Services (Apache/CXF/JAXWS/JAXRS/SOAP/REST)
- Experience in multiple applications and web servers (JBoss/Tomcat/WebSphere)
- Experience in front-end frameworks (Angular JS/Backbone/Knockout/Handlebar)
- Experience in messaging (JMS/WebSphere MQ/Active MQ)
- Experience in continuous integration (Jenkins/Sonar/Nexus/PMD)
- Hands-on experience of RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in using profiler tools (JProfiler/JMeter)
- A good understanding of UML and design patterns
- Additional skills: Knowledge of ESB, NoSQL databases (Hadoop/Cassandra/MongoDB), experience with mobile, SaaS and cloud-based development.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in different disparate technologies and environments
- Enthusiastic about different areas of work and exploring new technologies
- Clarity of thought and strong communication skills to effectively pitch solutions
- Ability to explore and grasp new technologies
- Mentoring your team members in projects and helping them keep up with new technologies
- Empowering the team members to be solution providers and enable a flat environment where everyone’s point of view is considered and feedback is encouraged.