Job ID 365859
Remote Possible Yes
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
If you are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in the field and meeting people, then we have a terrific position for you to conduct fire protection ratings in the Traverse City, MI area.
Your major responsibilities will involve conducting comprehensive studies of:
Consults with clients to conduct, analyze and document studies of communications resources and procedures relating to dispatch of fire alarms; fire department equipment, staffing, training and geographic distribution; water supply networks, including hydraulic analysis of water system capability; and building information pertaining to PPC requirements.
- Completes verifications in the office and in the field and plans trips to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely completion of work.
- Conducts studies to determine complex and moderately complex community hazard mitigation gradings as assigned and prepares appropriate reports in accordance with corporate standards.
- May assist in coordinating meetings with local officials in small group and/or workshop formats and may offer information or advice as requested.
- Provides customer support for Verisk products through on-site visits as needed.
- May serve as a mentor and trainer to less experienced staff as needed.
- Maintains corporate standards of quality, timeliness, productivity and customer service.
- Maintains CHM equipment and supplies in accordance with Verisk policies.
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience preferred and one year of experience in fire/property insurance, fire protection services or engineering. Field experience performing detailed analyses preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of prescribed in-house training or equivalent required and demonstrated ability to perform all field work assignments at this grade level.
- Ability to observe, examine, measure, analyze, map, gather data, and describe all aspects of a community’s fire protection capability and safely operate a vehicle to and from all sites. This will involve occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. and regular climbing of stairs and ladders, working in all types of neighborhoods and environments. It may be necessary to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Good customer service and one-on-one interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and provide constructive feedback. Ability to conduct on-the-job training. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct public speaking engagements on discipline to groups of all sizes. Adequate technical proficiency and communication skills to represent Verisk in trade group settings.
- Knowledge and experience resulting in demonstrated proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft applications.
- Valid driver’s license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record in accordance with company policies. Overnight and/or air travel (in and out of state) may be required.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please submit your application below!
We are offering an excellent compensation package. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale.
We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions – offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the 7th consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
HR CCPA Privacy Notice.pdf