Job ID 369676
QAD is building a world-class SaaS company, and we are growing. We are looking for talented individuals who want to join us on our mission to help solve relevant real-world problems in manufacturing and the supply chain.
We are a virtual first company and your primary work experience will be virtual / working from your home. Occasional travel to a physical office may be required to enhance working relationships, collaboration, design, strategy and alignment.
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer with experience in implementing Web Application Firewalls. The role requires strong and vast networking skills that span many different types of technologies and architectures. The position will demand a profound comprehension of emerging security, networking, and compliance trends and technologies that include both cloud and on-premise architectures. The preferred location for this remote role is in the U.K. or in the Eastern or Central time zones of the U.S. Very minimal travel required, maybe 1-2 times a year.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, Architect, and assist with the implementation of Web Application Firewalls across corporate and customer resources.
- Recommend WAF policies and content filtering using established baselines and templates.
- Assist with network security gap analysis, control mapping, data flow diagrams, and process development.
- Interpret network security processes to identify potential risks and compliance concerns.
- Provide maintenance recommendations and on-going monitoring for security events on internal and perimeter network systems.
- Research the latest technologies, threats, and evolving landscape around network security to produce recommendations to QAD leadership
- Professional degree: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related discipline
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or certifications from firewall vendors like Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, or Fortinet may be required or beneficial.
- Cloud Certifications: like AWS Certified Security – Specialty or Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) Certifications: such as Cloudflare Certified Security Professional (CCSP).
- Networking Certifications: like CompTIA Network+ or Cisco’s CCNA
- 5+ years experience with AWS, GCP, and cloud architectures.
- Broad hands-on experience with firewalls.
- Experienced in implementing Cloudflare or similar WAFs from scratch.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, IPSec, and routing protocols.
- Comfortable with DNS and SSL Certificate management
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code
- Ideally familiar with DDoS mitigation techniques and threat actor TTPs for network-based attacks, but not required.
- Your health and well being are important to us at QAD. We provide programs that help you strike a healthy work-life balance.
- Opportunity to join a growing business, launching into its next phase of expansion and transformation.
- Collaborative culture of smart and hard-working people who support one another to get the job done.
- An atmosphere of growth and opportunity, where idea-sharing is always prioritized over level or hierarchy.
- Compensation packages based on experience and desired skill set
- Our pay range for base salary in this position is: 120 to 150K USD annually
QAD Inc. is a leading provider of adaptive, cloud-based enterprise software and services for global manufacturing companies. Global manufacturers face ever-increasing disruption caused by technology-driven innovation and changing consumer preferences. In order to survive and thrive, manufacturers must be able to innovate and change business models at unprecedented rates of speed. QAD calls these companies Adaptive Manufacturing Enterprises. QAD solutions help customers in the automotive, life sciences, packaging, consumer products, food and beverage, high tech and industrial manufacturing industries rapidly adapt to change and innovate for competitive advantage.
QAD is committed to ensuring that every employee feels they work in an environment that values their contributions, respects their unique perspectives and provides opportunities for growth regardless of background. QAD’s DEI program is driving higher levels of diversity, equity and inclusion so that employees can bring their whole self to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Employee Type: Employee
Customer Service Rep(01094)- 222 Grand River… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 4 mins ago
Customer Service RepresentativeDuties & Responsibilities:We are looking for Customer Service Representatives with hustle, personality and people skills. Customer Service Representatives are responsible for greeting customers, answering phones, providing ...