Job ID 364224
A purposeful career is what you will find at Q-Centrix. Making a meaningful impact is what we do every day. Data Abstractor for the MBSAQIP in Part-Time Capacity. Quality data abstraction has become critical in identifying positive patient outcomes as the healthcare industry shifts to value-based care. In fact, medical record abstraction is the preferred data collection method for clinical research, quality improvement, performance measurement, disease surveillance, and other secondary data uses. Our dedicated data abstractors, otherwise known here at Q-Centrix as Senior Clinical Data Specialists, SCDS uses Q-Centrix proprietary technology to contribute to healthcare’s most exciting advancements.
Job Description: A purposeful career is what you will find at Q-Centrix. Making a meaningful impact is what we do every day. Quality data abstraction has become critical in identifying positive patient outcomes as the healthcare industry shifts to value-based care. In fact, medical record abstraction is the preferred data collection method for clinical research, quality improvement, performance measurement, disease surveillance, and other secondary data uses. Our dedicated data abstractors, otherwise known here at Q-Centrix as Senior Clinical Data Specialists, SCDS uses Q-Centrix proprietary technology to contribute to healthcare’s most exciting advancements.
Job Summary: The Data Abstraction Specialist (SCDS – Senior Clinical Data Specialist) delivers quality solutions to hospital partners across the country. They approach each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply their clinical expertise with precision to advance patient outcomes and research. Find your purpose by joining the Q-Centrix team to make a meaningful impact!
Our MBSAQIP Abstractors Work With Multiple Hospital Partners To
- Apply specialized, clinical knowledge of hospital partners: categorize, code, summarize, interpret, and calculate registry/case information from nuanced, patient medical records.
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries or measure data repositories, maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Prioritize, organize, and meet tight deadlines for multiple concurrent tasks and team requests; uses tact and judgment to manage expectations, flag obstacles, and propose solutions in a timely manner.
- Navigate new technical systems: electronic medical records (EMR) and registry/case entry tools; use team resources to troubleshoot technical issues with systems and applications with a focus on solutions.
- Contribute to team best practices, data dictionaries, abstraction guidelines, and other business rule documents; identifies process improvement opportunities to help streamline tasks and processes.
- Keeps up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer, d other agencies.
- Any or other additional responsibilities as assigned
- Must have direct clinical data abstraction experience within the past year.
- Have an active MBSCR certification.
- Exposure to multiple patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Microsoft Excel).
- All applicants for employment with Q-Centrix must have legal authorization to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.
- Direct clinical experience.
- RN, LPN, RT, or RCIS credentials.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method using the ability to synthesize data and suggest recommendations.
- Demonstrates high standards for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates technical savvy and a strong desire to learn new systems and technology.
- Thrives working independently and takes ownership of projects/patient records.
- Consistently and clearly communicates, adjusting style and tone as needed to collaborate with hospital partners, peers, team leads, and others.
- Demonstrates strong self-organizational and time management skills to manage multiple accounts, adjusting as needed to shifting timelines and priorities.
- Adapts to changes in hospital partner timelines, requirements, and project assignments.
- Maintains high responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential.
At Q-Centrix, our purpose—safer, consistent, quality healthcare for all—drives everything we do. To accomplish this important work, we need to attract, engage, and retain a talented team by providing a compelling, equitable rewards package comprised of an inclusive culture, flexible work environment, learning and development opportunities, competitive pay that rewards high performance, and robust benefits that support health and financial wellness. Add to this package a supportive community of people who help each other not only do meaningful work, but learn, grow, and have fun while doing so, and you get an organization that has earned the Great Place to Work distinction multiple years in a row!
The target wage range for this role is $27.00 – $33.00 per hour. Individual wage rates within this range are based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational considerations. Wage ranges are reviewed, at minimum, annually and all team members are eligible for performance-based wage rate increases annually. The Q-Centrix compensation plan is productivity and accuracy focused, therefore, actual compensation could be higher or lower than target, dependent upon the team member’s performance.
In addition to our inclusive and innovative working environment and competitive pay, part-time* team members enjoy a fully remote work environment with a flexible schedule.
- Team members who are committed to work 29 hours or fewer each week are considered part-time
Commitment To Diversity, Equity, Inclusion And Belonging
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation, and believe in our purpose of safer, consistent, quality health care for all. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity, and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
California Privacy Rights Notice
During the application and hiring processes, Q-Centrix, LLC (“Q-Centrix”) may collect personal information from applicants. For residents of California, the collection of this personal information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act (the “CPRA”) which impose a duty on Q-Centrix to provide this notice at the point of collection, explaining what may be collected and for what purpose. Information collected by Q-Centrix in this way is stored and handled in accordance with data security industry standards best practices including technological, administrative, procedural, and physical safety measures. Q-Centrix does not store this information longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill its purposes listed herein and securely disposes of the data at the time and in the manner dictated by its internal document retention policies.
Personal Information We Collect – Q-Centrix May Collect Certain Personal Information During The Application Process. Over The Preceding 12-month Period, Q-Centrix May Have Collected The Following Categories Of Personal Information As Defined By The CCPA
- Identifiers: This may include name, username, alias, postal address, telephone number, email, IP address, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other personal identifiers, including identifiers created by Q-Centrix to recognize an applicant or employee.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law: This may include race, skin color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical conditions, disability, military/veteran status, age, or any requests for protected leave.
- Professional or Employment-related information: This may include application, resume, curriculum vitae, professional licenses, designations, credentials, certifications, or any information collected as part of the application or on-boarding process.
- Education Information: This may include education records, transcripts, report cards, diplomas, degrees, or certificates.
- Criminal, Financial, and Recreational Drug-Use Information: This may include information obtained from a background check, credit check, or employment-related drug test.
Purpose and Use of the Collected Information – Q-Centrix may use the above data for a variety of purposes related to the recruitment process and the administration of our business.
- Recruitment Process: This may include identifying candidates, processing applications, creating and making employment offer packages, reference checks, education verification, visa/work-permit filings, and on-boarding applicants as new employees.
- Improve Internal Processes: This may include data about responsiveness to recruitment postings, effectiveness of recruiting processes and tools, and the collection and analysis of data as it pertains to employment markets, hiring practices, compensation, and recruitment processes or tools.
- Recordkeeping: This may include keeping records for administrative purposes, maintaining contact information of candidates, complying with legal, regulatory, or law enforcement requirements, to comply with any reporting obligations, to protect or exercise our legal rights or remedies, or for litigation purposes.
Disclosure of Information – Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information to third parties within the context of our recruitment process or your employment.
- Vendors: This may include individuals or companies that provide recruitment-related services, administrative services, human resource services, employment screening services, onboarding and training services, process refinement services, data processing, data storage, or other services related to the application and hiring processes.
- Employees, Parents, and Affiliates: This may include individuals, parent companies, or affiliate companies of Q-Centrix related to the recruiting process or onboarding process. Additionally, Q-Centrix may disclose information to employees, parents, affiliates, or other companies or individuals as necessary as part of a reorganization, merger, or acquisition.
- Mandatory Disclosure: Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information as it believes necessary to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, court orders, or governmental requests.
- Protection of Interests: Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information in order to protect its interests, which may include protecting itself from illegal activities, regulatory violations, security issues, technical issues, rights violations, harm to property, or harm to individuals.
Sources Of Information – Q-Centrix May Obtain Personal Information From
- You: This may include information you provide on an application or any other information you provide us directly.
- Vendors: This may include any vendors we disclose information to in accordance with Section 3.1 above.
- Verification Sources: This may include professional organizations, licensing bodies, academic institutions, or any references.
- Publicly Available Sources: This may include public governmental filings, social media profiles, personal websites, news articles, or any other publicly available information.
Your Rights – You retain some rights to your personal information and may submit requests in accordance with those rights by reaching out via the methods below.
- Access and Updates: You may submit a request to access, correct, update, or delete any of your personal information Q-Centrix possesses.
- Use: You may submit a request to limit the allowed purposes for which Q-Centrix may use or process your personal information.
MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS
This notice may be updated to reflect changes to our policies in accordance with our business, legal, or regulatory obligations, at which time Q-Centrix will provide any legally required notices of such changes.
If you have questions about the Q-Centrix California Privacy Rights Notice or a request regarding any personal information which may have been collected during the application and/or hiring process, please contact 1-877-284-8681 or send an email to [email protected].
ESL steel Limited – Remote –… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 18 hours ago
“Head HCO&VCO oversees Health, Safety, Environment, and Vertical Coke Oven Operations, ensuring HSES compliance, smooth plant functioning, commissioning, efficient production, performance monitoring, coal procurement, resource allocation, process ...
Chick Fil A Restaurants – Remote… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 18 hours ago
Support Now is an essential sub-department of Field Operations. We provide support to our corporate users and quick-service restaurants by making it easy for our Operators, Team Members, and ...