HYBRID: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
This is a hybrid role with opportunities to work from home, with the Prismatic team in Warren, and occasionally in our manufacturing facilities.
The Prismatic Fabrication team is looking for a talented and self-driven individual to fill the role of Manufacturing Responsible Engineer (MRE). Our team is responsible for programs driving GM’s Zero-Zero-Zero initiatives; representing $27 billion of investments in EV and AV products and 30 EVs by 2025, including GMC Hummer EV and Cadillac all-new CELESTIQ. The primary responsibility of the MRE is to ‘get the product right’ and do so by delivering product designs that enable a flawless launch.
The MRE will oversee transmission components/subsystems for all current and future transmission programs. Work is performed in a team environment where you will have daily interactions with Product Engineering (PE), Programs System Engineers (PSEs) and Manufacturing Engineers (MEs). If you are innovative, creative, enjoy working with the latest technologies and thrive in a fast paced, team oriented environment, here is your chance to make a career of it.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
- Ensuring engineered product designs are manufacturable and will meet cost, quality, and timing targets
- Participate in development and implementation of common designs and tolerances across gear products
- Approve product designs utilizing the ECR (Engineering Change Release) system
- Support implementation of MR’s (Manufacturing Requirements) in product designs
- Provide technical support to DRE (Design Release Engineer) and SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) to enhance knowledge
- Lead Workgroups with Manufacturing and Product Engineering to resolve issues
- Support and attend PMT (Product Management Team) and PDT (Product Development Team) Meetings and Workgroups
- Partner with DRE’s & Technical Specialists to enhance Prismatic Bill of Design (BOD) and Bill of Process (BOP)
- Support Simultaneous engineering for transmission systems considering all aspects of manufacturing
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree (Mechanical Engineering preferred) or in a related field
- Minimum of five years of prismatic fabrication experience
- 2 years of transmission manufacturing experience in either valve body, solenoid body, or case machining
- Demonstrated strong skills in GD&T, part drawings, manufacturing quality
What Can Give You a Competitive Advantage (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience working with Product Engineering
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we’re looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.