Job ID 367365
Get acquainted with Eurofiber: the lifeline for the digital society. We consider it as our responsibility to help shape the digital society of the future and steer it in the right direction. Thanks to our connectivity and cloud solutions we ensure, among other things, that critical organizations, such as hospitals, schools and government agencies, are always up and running.
Are you passionate about commercial, corporate law and technology law? Are you looking for a new challenge in a growing, fast-paced technology company? Apply and join Eurofiber’s legal department.
We are looking for talented and motivated lawyer to oversee the legal aspects of our rapidly evolving business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management and the business about all relevant issues.
As a member of the Legal & Corporate Affairs team, you will report to the Legal & Regulatory Affairs Manager for Eurofiber Belgium. You will be responsible for counselling the businesses on a broad range of legal and commercial matters, including on cutting-edge areas of ICT law. You will work directly with the businesses you support, serving as counsel and providing strategic input on corporate matters and commercial matters.
Your responsibilities in a brief summary are:
- Draft and negotiate contracts (whether national or international), including commercial agreements, procurement contracts, POP contracts in coordination with the relevant commercial & operational teams;
- Provide professional advice to the business on various matters covering a broad range of issues related to business in respect of company law, contract law, public procurement, privacy & administrative law (with telecom law as a plus);
- Provide a risk assessment on commercial transactions about legal & financial risks;
- Develop standard templates for the business, assist in managing corporate housekeeping;
- On a need-basis, assist in the handling of disputes, the management of litigation files, as well as potentially certain permitting or compliance matters. Collaborate with management to devise efficient defence strategies;
- Develop & update internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance. Develop and enrol training for the business;
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (clients, partners, external counsel, notary, authorities etc.), creating relations of trust.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to join a collaborative, tight-knit team that is leading exciting and pioneering cross-border initiatives as part of a business that is laying the fundaments of digital innovation.
- You have obtained a Master in Law;
- 3-5 years of post-qualification legal experience in corporate, commercial law and ICT law; A mix of law firm and in-house experience is a plus; Eagerness to learn more about telecom & technology law and other regulatory aspects of our business;
- Excellent oral & written skills in English & Dutch, French is a plus;
- Hands-on, service oriented and can do mentality;
- Initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged;
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity;
- Ability to demonstrate sound and practical business judgment even in ambiguous situations; ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment;
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and to follow through and meet deadlines;
- Common sense and a good sense of humour.
As a Legal Counsel at Eurofiber, you can give a boost to the digital society. You work with the best experts, make your own choices, and contribute to networks and data centres that are the lifelines of society. That’s why we believe in continuous learning and development. We will always keep innovating—not only because we’re good at it, but because we love it.
We provide you with the support you need to excel. This includes:
- A competitive salary package with a company car, bonus scheme, and a 13th-month payment.
- Flexible working hours to align your professional, personal, and family needs and spend most of your time in an environment where you perform best.
- Actively developing your skills and competencies through a wide range of training opportunities. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself as partner to the business.
- Staying healthy and energized with our complimentary fruit snacks and soup during lunch.
- Need some time off? No problem! You’ll have 33 paid vacation days per year.
As the engine of the digital society, we play a vital role in unleashing the full potential of people. At Eurofiber diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of that potential. Our commitment to these values are vital. We believe that different perspectives within teams help us to provide smart solutions to companies, government bodies and non-profit organizations .Therefore we would love to meet any candidate with unique skills, opinions and ideas. Those who feel free to be themselves, collaborate and learn from others. Whether you’re part of our IT or Engineering team, we are looking for new colleagues who live by our core values, and who are willing to carry these out in their daily work.