Job ID 369961
Lead Geosciences Engineer for Site Characterization in the UK
Hybrid role – Central London/multiple locations
Assystem Transport & Infrastructure, initially as Schofield Lothian, have been providing specialised construction industry consultancy services since 1979, delivering sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Commercial Management; Project Management; Consents & Engagement and Environmental Services.
The company has forged an excellent reputation within the transport & infrastructure market sectors and has developed relationships with, and worked for, a wide array of industry clients.
Schofield Lothian and Assystem have combined their strengths with the intention of providing a comprehensive range of services and solutions. Together we bring a focused knowledge and experience of the Transportation & Infrastructure, nuclear and defence sectors and major masterplan developments. We have a long history in the provision of design & project management, delivery of environmental consultancy and monitoring services, social impact assessments, site characterization, construction supervision and digital transformation services.
The Engineering Department is looking for a Lead Geosciences Engineer to be a technical expert within the Assystem global site characterization team, providing siting services to our clients, and to manage to meet the agreed aims and objectives in terms of deliverables, time, cost and quality.
Tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on the client and the nature and stage of the project being worked on. It may be required to work on multiple projects and with multiple clients simultaneously. The role requires travel to other Assystem offices and sites up to 40% of time.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Cross-project coordination and management of geological, geophysical, geotechnical, hydrological, hydrogeological surveys for site characterization of nuclear, renewable and transportation projects.
- Subject-matter expertise within the organisation for geological, geophysical, geotechnical and other site investigation activities for Assystem’s global portfolio for nuclear, renewable and transportation projects.
- Support to multiple projects in different phases of development and execution, including strategic input to scoping of site investigation campaigns, design/installation planning.
- Ensure the quality level of the site data collection and deliverables in the projects.
- Support to Assystem Business Development team in tender processes, evaluation of suppliers and contract negotiation.
- Local interface of UK site characterization activities
- Helping Site Characterization global team in interpretation of factual data
- Time schedule, budget control and interdisciplinary coordination for site investigation and data interpretation activities.
- Coordinate external resources related to site investigations, including suppliers, consultants, contractors and others.
- Contribute to the identification and management of technical risks, issues and impacts
- Secure lessons learned feedback from projects.
Skills and experience:
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience covering site investigation responsibilities as described above; nuclear experience of benefit
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in geological, geophysics, geotechnical, hydrological, hydrogeological or civil engineering.
- Site experience is a plus
- Technical leadership and project management
- On-site experience is a plus
- Experience in delivering complex technical scopes in development phase
- Experience with working in global teams
- Strong communicator and comfortable working with little structure and oversight
- Fluent in English – being an English native speaker is an asset