Job ID 368462
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
Whether it’s improving the commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, we believe infrastructure has the power to uplift communities and improve people’s lives. Bringing together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions, we partner with our clients to turn their ambitions into action, changing the world for the better.
We’re proud to be recognized for our leadership, including our No. 1 ranking by Fortune as the World’s Most Admired Company in our industry for two years in a row. Join us and you’ll become a part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, program and construction managers and other professionals, working on projects that create positive and tangible impacts around the world.
About Enterprise Capabilities
Fundamental to our Think and Act Globally strategy and digital adoption, Enterprise Capabilities (EC) is AECOM’s primary vehicle for workshare. Operating across geographic boundaries and time-zones, EC partners with regional and Global Business Line project teams to provide technical expertise, accelerate delivery and keep AECOM competitive in the industry.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environmental Chemist for immediate employment in Romania. Please note this is an office position and would not involve laboratory analysis. The project chemist will support quality assurance/quality control, data management, data analysis, and various analytical chemistry aspects of environmental investigations for our clients. The new hire will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, developing their technical skills as a chemist while exploring new interests as well.
You’ll be valued as a unique resource as you contribute and support our project teams by providing key technical assistance for various environmental remediation and monitoring projects. You’ll interact with technical experts to refine field sampling and test plans, coordinate between multiple projects and laboratories to ensure analysis and testing is performed without a hitch and be the technical liaison between the laboratories and project teams. You’ll showcase your work through project updates, technical reports, and presentations, each helping the project team to gain key insights for the design of a remedial strategy and strengthening the technical foundation of the company.
- Coordinate with laboratories throughout the sampling process
- Provide defensible scientific support for critical project decisions.
- Review and validate chemical data packages in accordance with United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) guidance to ensure compliance with published analytical methods and usability of environmental data
- Upload laboratory analytical data to specific client and regulatory databases
- Manage data in relational database systems like Earthsoft EQuIS or Microsoft Access
- Manipulate electronic data deliverables to create report-ready tables and visualizations
- Develop new data management workflows and automated tools
- Prepare technical memoranda and white papers to be included in client deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, or other related discipline
- Knowledge of environmental chemistry principles (i.e., environmental fate and transport)
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry principles (i.e., quality assurance and quality control)
- Familiarity in data validation, data review, field screening, data management, and sampling
- Experience using relational databases such as Microsoft Access
- Familiarity with standard environmental test methods and procedures
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing
- Fundamental understanding of the sample collection and laboratory processes
- Ability to organize data in an efficient and clear manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience performing chemical analysis in an academic or commercial setting
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with co-workers, clients, and regulatory agencies
- Ability to walk through a process to identify and close gaps in written procedures for non-standard tasks to ensure all objectives will be met.
With a team of over 2000 technical professionals located across seven countries and remote technical anchors, EC teams are trusted to deliver high-quality, specialist services that help to fill capability gaps, resourcing needs and technical constraints on projects of all scopes and sizes.
In fiscal year 2022, EC teams delivered more than 2 million hours to support the delivery of AECOM projects around the world.
We are Enterprise Capabilities, your partners in delivery.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.