Job ID 368739
Requirements: The Journalism Intern should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Interest in Journalism or working towards a degree in Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Political Science, English, and/or related fields
- Responsive, consistent, and effective communicator, even during conflict
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) are required
- Ability to work remotely and on their own schedule in order to make deadlines
- Must be comfortable with being on camera and “On the Street” interviewing
- Google Workspace experience required
- Satisfactory organization skills
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Ability to attend the weekly Organization-Wide meetings
- Ability to attend weekly Media Department meeting
- Must be authorized to intern in the U.S.
Job Title: Journalism Intern
Reports To: Journalism Team Lead and Director of Media
The Journalism Intern contributes to ONC’s mission of providing nonpartisan news, opinions, and policy solutions by completing essential tasks in the Media Department. The Journalism Intern is responsible for producing and conducting quality “On the Street” interviews for ONC social media and our website, and write follow-up pieces on the interviews for our website. This intern will also research and be in charge of interviews for our “Future Leaders Project,” and occasionally they will have opportunities to host podcast episodes.
This position is remote, with work primarily conducted over Zoom and Slack, so applicants must be comfortable coordinating in a remote environment and are expected to maintain a high level of communication. This intern must commit to at least the end of the Spring semester (April 30th, 2024). However, many people choose to extend their internship past the amount of time they initially committed to, provided their performance meets the required standards.
Benefits: Flexible schedule, college credit, professional networking, and resume-building experience.
Compensation: This is not a paid position.
- Conduct and record quality “On the Street” interviews for our Social Media and our website.
- Write follow-up pieces on the “On the Street” interviews for our website.
- Collaborate closely with the Social Media Team Lead and Director of Media.
- Research youth-led projects and organizations, conduct interviews and write pieces to highlight both projects and organizations for our “Future Leaders Project.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.