Job ID 371823
The Public and Content Services Section is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team that supports Mayo’s Semantic Services Environment (SSE) platform. This platform leverages a vended application: TopBraid – Enterprise Data Governance, an enterprise knowledge graph for data governance. Primary responsibilities include the development, configuration, documentation, testing, implementation, and maintenance of the SSE platform.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design and build back-end services that support our portfolio of data-centric clinical and analytic applications. These applications leverage cloud computing, big data, mobile, data science, data warehousing, machine learning using state of the art software development applications and frameworks. Our Software Engineers ensures that these cloud-based micro-services adhere to uptime and accuracy targets, are resilient, and scale as data volumes and traffic increase. They work closely with the data engineering, platform, and solutions teams to develop applications as required to benefit our practice and patients.
- Works closely with the Product Owners, Product Managers, Architects to translate requirements into code.
- Developing services around data warehousing, big data, cloud computing, business intelligence, analytics and machine learning.
- Participate in DevOps, Agile, continuous development and integration frameworks.
- Programming in high-level languages such as Go, Python, Java etc.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation of processes and source code is created and maintained.
- Communicate effectively with peers, leaders, and customers throughout the organization.
- Participate in expert level troubleshooting and resolve problems through root cause analysis, data and system investigation.
- Contributes to design and architecture discussions with Principals and Architects.
- Leads targeted cross-functional improvement efforts and mentors more junior software engineers.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Work independently with minimal guidance. You may lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
During the selection process you may participate in an OnDemand (pre-recorded) interview that you can complete at your convenience. During the OnDemand interview, a question will appear on your screen, and you will have time to consider each question before responding. You will have the opportunity to re-record your answer to each question – Mayo Clinic will only see the final recording. The complete interview will be reviewed by a Mayo Clinic staff member and you will be notified of next steps.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field with 5 years of experience as noted below; OR an Associate’s degree in Computer/Science/Engineering or related field with 7 years of experience.
Have in-depth knowledge of software engineering with experience coding applications or services in a high-level language (C, C++, Golang, Java, C# etc.) and a basic knowledge of related fields. Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills. Possesses strong technical aptitude for designing and implementing software solutions. Experience with modern application development frameworks. Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with Agile software development techniques.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud-based services.
- Experience writing software for the cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products.
- Experience building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience developing software for healthcare related industries.
Knowledge of ADO, GIT, Agile Methodologies (Scrum), Clinical Terminology (FHIR, SNOMED-CD, RxNorm, ICDx, LOINC) and Semantic standards (OWL, RDF, SHACL, SPARQL, GraphQL) are preferred
Authorization to work and remain in the United States, without necessity for Mayo Clinic sponsorship now, or in the future (for example, be a U.S. Citizen, national, or permanent resident, refugee, or asylee). Also, Mayo Clinic does not participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program.
$131,601.60 – $190,860.80 / year
Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time
- Information Technology