Job ID 367356
IT Recovery Technician
Who are we?
We are Daisy Corporate Services, one of the largest providers of Communications and IT solutions across the UK! Founded in 2001, we have gone from strength to strength as we continue to grow and deliver high quality end-to-end IT solutions and services to more than 2,000 UK businesses, across all sectors. Our portfolio spans Modern Workplace, Connectivity, Unified Communications, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Operational Resilience and more.
Why work for us?
We prioritise our colleagues and strive to create an environment where they can flourish and be their best selves. Our recent Colleague Engagement survey revealed that an astounding 90% of our colleagues feel that their managers genuinely care about them as individuals, fostering an honest and open approach to communication.
We believe in empowering our workforce with flexibility, enabling a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s through flexible working arrangements, hybrid or home-based options (where applicable), we understand the importance of tailoring work to suit your needs. Additionally, we offer enticing benefits, such as holiday purchase schemes, health and wellbeing programs, and a special free day of annual leave for birthdays and weddings, ensuring you feel appreciated and supported.
At Daisy Corporate Services, we cherish diversity, inclusivity, and continuous growth. Our dynamic workplace culture encourages collaboration, innovation, and personal development, making every day at work fulfilling and exciting.
What’s on offer
- Location: Farnborough (GU14)
- Salary: Up to £28k per annum
- Car Allowance: £3,600 per annum
- Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (08:30 – 17:00, Mon – Fri)
We are seeking a skilled and proactive IT Recovery Technician to join our friendly Service Delivery team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in delivering exceptional technical support to our customers during rehearsals and invocations, as well as managing various site-related tasks to guarantee smooth operations.
If you are a detail-oriented problem solver with a passion for ensuring the reliability of critical infrastructure, we want to hear from you.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support to customers during rehearsals and invocations, ensuring uninterrupted operations.
- Attending Pre-Test meetings and prepare and distribute appropriate documentation.
- Completing Pre & Post Test documentation and proactively follow up on and resolve issues.
- Responding to customer site relocation requirements within the defined service area.
- Effectively managing the risks associated with contracted obligations versus site capability.
- Overseeing the implementation of services for new customers, including coordinating the installation of hosted IT and communication systems.
- Offering out-of-hours and on-call support for site facilities maintenance as needed.
- Providing support for client invocation callouts as part of the 24-hour on-call standby rota.
- Maintaining and update Technical Site Guides and Site User Guide documentation.
- Proficiency in Intel/Windows Desktop Support: Demonstrated expertise in providing comprehensive Intel/Windows desktop support, including a strong command of tools such as Symantec Ghost to ensure efficient system management and deployment.
- Fundamental Understanding of Networks, Switches & Routers: A solid foundational knowledge of networks, switches, and routers, enabling effective collaboration with the IT team and contributing to network troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Basic Familiarity with Windows Server Operating Systems: A basic understanding of Windows Server operating systems, facilitating seamless integration of desktop systems with server environments.
- Exposure to Voice and Data Communications: Experience or exposure to voice and data communication technologies, enhancing your ability to address communication-related issues and collaborate effectively with telecom professionals.
- Proven Troubleshooting and Diagnostic Aptitude: A track record of successful fault finding and diagnostic skills, showcasing your ability to identify and resolve technical problems efficiently.
- Readiness for Out-of-Hours Call Out Rotations: A strong willingness and readiness to participate in a 1 in 3 out-of-hours call-out rota, ensuring timely support and maintenance when needed, even outside standard working hours.
- Adaptable Professionalism
- Unwavering Work Ethic
- Proactive Initiative
- Exceptional Communication Aptitude
Did we mention the perks?
We value our team members and show our appreciation by providing outstanding benefits and rewards to help make Daisy a great place to work and provide a great work life balance!
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 25 days (increasing to up to 30 days with tenure), complemented by a holiday purchase scheme.
- A free day of annual leave for birthdays and weddings.
- Opportunities for personal development through Daisy University and Apprenticeships.
- Enhanced family-friendly policies to support you and your loved ones.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing offerings, including discounted health plans, an Eye Care Scheme, an Employee Assistance Programme, and support from our dedicated in-house Wellbeing team.
- Access to The Exchange, our online discount platform with discounts from over 1,200 retailers.
Interested? Submit your interest today for review and consideration by our friendly Talent Acquisition Team!