Job ID 370741
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The primary role of the IAM Heavy Vehicle Technical Trainer is to support coordination, development and delivery of an agreed range of face to face and online technical training courses within the framework of the training business plan. Support the maintenance of all training material as directed by the IAM Training Manager to ensure technical accuracy and adherence to Bosch’s market leading standards. Provide technical expertise both within and external to the department as required, including assistance to the technical helpline. Support the IAM Training Manager in tasks and activities as required.
Within area of operation, the Technical Trainer will:
- Assist with the development, construction and maintenance of the training syllabus and the individual course content, ensuring appropriateness, attractiveness and technical accuracy throughout.
- Develop training solutions across multiple platforms (virtual classroom, video, face to face and others)
- Deliver automotive technology training courses both at Bosch Service Training Centre and regionally.
- Support the IAM Training Manager by ensuring that all training course material is prepared to the highest quality standards and in accordance to studied market needs.
- Guide and support qualifying distributors and other selected partners to organise and deliver Bosch Technical Training programmes.
- Support the training of internal and external trainers, including participation in ongoing audits.
- Assist in the planning and creation of the training calendar.
- Contribute to the accurate and expeditious administration of the training programme.
- Contribute to technical articles, bulletins and any other necessary marketing opportunities.
- Represent AA as a technical expert at trade shows, seminars and other events.
- Reinforce the technical attributes / attractiveness of Bosch products and services.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers both internal and external to Bosch.
- Provide information / solutions as appropriate to address enquires and queries within the accepted timescales.
The job holder will hold the following knowledge and skills
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Heavy motor vehicle technology, service and repair techniques
- Have an in-depth knowledge of computer-based programmes for the creation and delivery of course material
- Have the skills, qualification and/or experience to successfully progress and deliver the training programme
- Be IT literate in a variety of Microsoft programmes
- Be proficient in the use of training development and delivery software packages (e.g. Zoho, Camtasia, Articulate etc.)
- Take ownership of customer queries
- Work collaboratively and proactively with all members of the AA business
- Display, at all times, a customer oriented, service provider attitude and be a positive ambassador for the company
- Engage in the process of improving our business processes by contributing ideas, suggestions and actions
- Be determined, energetic and flexible
- Effectively and timely work towards defined targets
- Must hold a full clean UK driving license
- Be able to participate in events outside of normal working hours
- Must hold Level 3 Technical Certificate (Automotive Heavy Vehicle)
- Must hold irtec accredited assessor certificate (desirable)
- C+E (Class 1) HGV Driving License (desirable)
On offer is a competitive salary and pension contributions. With a great package of benefits including annual bonus, private health care, a health cash plan, life assurance and other discounted benefits. We will also provide opportunities for personal and professional development.