Job ID 367315
- State/Province: New Mexico
- Business Group: DCS
- Business Line: Water
- Work Location Model: Remote
- Operating Group: Americas
- Primary Location: US – Albuquerque, NM – One Park Squa
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We’re one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is seeking a GIS Programmer to be based out of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Remote work/telecommute is also an option for candidates who are based out of the West region (Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones) and are willing to travel to the Albuquerque office on a monthly basis.
The Technology Solutions Department in our Water Business Line is actively seeking a creative, highly talented GIS Programmer. The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established progressive career in GIS and Information Technology. This position will provide technical GIS support and coordination on a wide range of enterprise GIS and digital projects and programs across the region. This position does have the option to work fully remotely in some instances.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support and serve as technical lead on large-scale enterprise GIS programs
- Create, manage, validate and maintain various types of GIS data, databases and services
- Develop, deploy and manage web-based geospatial content, applications and systems
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate GIS tasks and assignments
- Provide consultation for geospatial strategic planning and resolution of issues, technical assistance and training
- Plan and administer installations, upgrades and enhancements of GIS hardware, software, and procedures
- Develop tools, scripts and workflows to automate and streamline mapping, data management and geoprocessing tasks
- Automation of Geoprocessing tools using Python and familiarity with Microsoft.NET.
- Understand of the fundamentals of Web GIS, Server, ArcGIS client interoperations
- Perform QA/QC review of GIS data and compile metadata.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, computer science, or related field.
- Minimum six years of GIS and ArcGIS desktop experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) certification
- Experience in ArcGIS -Esri suite of software including ArcGIS Server, ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, with specific experience programming those products using the Python API for ArcGIS Or ArcPy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively and proactively communicate with the project team and diverse clients.
- Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor in written and verbal communications with clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to write and to convey complex thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Understanding of relational databases and Geodatabase technology.
- Technical knowledge of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal
- Technical knowledge of ArcGIS Server architecture
- Technical knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop products
- Technical knowledge of geographic concepts, including coordinate systems/datums etc.
- Knowledge of spatial data management, spatial analysis, and data visualization
- Technical Knowledge of Computer Science and Programming
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is available for this position.
- Minimal travel required for this role. (Job site as needed.) Monthly office visit if working remotely.
- Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The target salary range for this position typically is $70,000-$100,000. Please note that this role can be based anywhere in the Mid-West/Western United States and compensation data will vary in each location, including higher or lower than the stated range.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.