Job ID 371814
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
We are looking for a Front End Angular Developer who is passionate about delivering high quality software solutions and embraces the challenges presented by the ever-changing landscape of web development. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working primarily on our client facing Angular based web application (GRiD) and will be involved in all areas of the software development life cycle.
As a member of the Client Solutions team, you will be empowered to help drive both technical and user-focused improvements to our products and the wider ecosystem.
What we offer:
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- Excellent working culture centered on inclusivity and collaboration
- Structured planning for career professional development
- Comprehensive training and on-boarding
- Modern development practices and standards
- AWS certification supported and funded
- Holiday purchase/sell scheme
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Work as part of an agile team in requirements gathering, refinement and delivery of user focused improvements
- Deliver high quality, maintainable and well tested code which meets user requirements
- Peer review other developers work in a thorough and constructive manner
- Work collaboratively with other Developers, Project Owners, UX designers and QA engineers to deliver high quality solutions
- Look for and drive opportunities to improve code quality, development processes and team satisfaction
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
Our front end products are largely driven by the Angular framework, supported by a Django Rest Framework API. As a Front End Developer, you will have a deep understanding of Angular and best practices within the framework and be well versed in interacting with back end APIs. You will be eager to understand the use of the technologies that support our applications and able to make best use of that extensive toolkit in building out new features or products.
- Proven track record in a commercial software development role
- A deep understanding of the Angular framework
- Experience with rxjs and reactive-style programming
- Good knowledge of testing, in particular unit and integration testing with Jasmine, Jest or similar
- Good understanding of front-end web technologies and how web browsers behave and perform
- Experienced in consuming Rest APIs
- Industry experience in working with Agile software development practices
- Knowledge and experience in applying Web Security best practices
- Good understanding of git and working collaboratively on team-level code bases
Nice to haves
Experience in any of the below technologies would be great however is not a requirement. The role will give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience into these areas.
- Ngrx, Redux or similar state management approaches
- e2e and/or BDD testing
- Python / Django
- Using or configuring Docker / Containerization
- CI/CD pipeline configuration
- Certifications in cloud technologies (the company will support gaining AWS certifications for those interested)
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions – offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
ESL steel Limited – Remote –… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 15 hours ago
“Head HCO&VCO oversees Health, Safety, Environment, and Vertical Coke Oven Operations, ensuring HSES compliance, smooth plant functioning, commissioning, efficient production, performance monitoring, coal procurement, resource allocation, process ...
Chick Fil A Restaurants – Remote… Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 15 hours ago
Support Now is an essential sub-department of Field Operations. We provide support to our corporate users and quick-service restaurants by making it easy for our Operators, Team Members, and ...