Job ID 365881
Remote Possible Yes
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
As a Verisk Field Representative, you will evaluate commercial business sites for multiple lines of insurance coverage, loss prevention and risk assessment. You will assist insurers in their policy underwriting and pricing decisions through onsite observations and reporting. This is a full-time, fully remote position where you will use effective planning and organizational skills to schedule and complete commercial business site visits and reports. You’ll get to witness an endless variety of properties and business operations through the lens of the insurance carrier.
Employees receive fully paid training, mentoring and continuous development, as well as company-furnished computer hardware, software, smart-phone and fleet vehicle. Equipping our team with the specific knowledge and tools needed to deliver excellent products is just one part of setting up our employees for success.
As a Verisk Field Representative you will
• schedule and conduct on-site visits and complete appropriate reports for our customers to evaluate risk. Identify different business operations, construction materials, fire protection systems, safety measures and develop recommendations pertaining to safety and loss control.
• professionally represent Verisk and our customers via phone, in person and in written correspondence.
• execute on our data quality commitment using your eye for detail and communication skills in completing accurate and customer-centric reports.
Successful candidates for this position will have the following education, experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience; preferred fields of study or experience may include Risk Management and Insurance, Construction Management, Property and Liability Insurance, Safety. Preferred experience may include insurance loss control, underwriting or claims; commercial building construction, compliance or other property inspections; fire safety and industrial safety occupations.
• Excellent customer service and verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write concise and informative reports to quality standards.
• Strong proficiency with technology, laptops, mobile devices, MS Office suite and mobile applications. Working aptitude for functional math measures of square feet, perimeter, and percentages.
• Self-motivated planning and goal setting skills, resulting in effective and consistent work habits. You can efficiently route, schedule, document and conduct site visits for optimal use of time, all with minimal direct supervision.
• Record and observe specific details and measurements, gather data, map and travel to and from all sites. Job involves working in various environments and weather conditions; walking, standing, climbing stairs, driving for time periods required to complete work assignments; occasional use of ladders.
• Professional designations such as CFPS, CSP, ARM, ALCM, NFPA and/or CPCU are a plus.
The following are required for this role:
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with company policies.
• Overnight travel (in and out of state) subject to business needs.
• Ability to assimilate, learn and apply training material through virtual or in-person classroom, recorded media, and on-the-job field mentoring.
• Distraction-free remote work environment with available high speed internet connection.
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale.
We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions – offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the 7th consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
HR CCPA Privacy Notice.pdf