Employee Relations/HR Manager
Garden Grove, California
One of the largest Catholic organizations in the US has an immediate need for an Employee Relations & HR Manager seeking a high-touch role handling complaints and LOA’s, managing projects, overseeing workers’ compensation issues, and implementing training programs. If you enjoy utilizing your HR expertise in an organization that invests in their employees and want to be empowered and to make in an impact, apply today!
Who you are:
- 7+ years of human resources/employee relations experience with strong knowledge of California employment laws
- Highly proficient interpersonal skills with proven success taking ownership of responsibilities
- Ideally, you have a master’s degree and related HR certification: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc.
- A big plus if you have knowledge of Catholic institutions and customs
What you’ll do:
- Conduct workplace investigation and advise on leaves of absence, including accommodation requests.
- Support and advise the Business Managers, Pastors, and Principals with various issues related to employee relations, performance management, and effective internal communication.
- Partner with HR Generalist in managing workers’ compensation claims including communication with injured employee, industrial clinic medical personnel, management staff, and insurance claims adjusters.
- Implement training programs on subjects like performance management, investigations, compliance matters, and safety.
Why work here:
- Combine your passion and purpose: it is an opportunity to combine your faith and benefits management expertise
- People: work with a team of high-caliber individuals in a collaborative and service oriented environment
- Stability: join a fiscally solid and responsible organization
What does this position pay?
- Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, education, and qualifications/certifications.
- The expected range for this role is $120,000 to $130,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!