Job ID 370839
As Education Specialist I on the Mayo Laboratories Inquiry Team, you will be instrumental in the identification and planning of work unit education. You will support the development and implementation of educational programs for the following:
- Medical trainees including pathologists, residents, fellows, and post docs as directed by laboratory leadership and Residency and Fellowship Program Directors.
- Clinical laboratory education programs for students and interns rotating in the laboratory in compliance with the affiliate program requirements and in collaboration with Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences (MCSHS) and laboratory/division/department leadership.
- New employee training and education programs in collaboration with laboratory and division leadership to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Clinical education faculty formal education programs within the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences.
- Teaching, training, and mentoring students and employees.
- Competency program.
You will actively partner with team members by fostering an inclusive work environment and respecting others with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
**A two-year commitment to this position is required**
**This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship with the exception of the TN visa classification; Also, Mayo Clinic DOES NOT participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program.
To qualify for this position, you must meet one of the qualifications below.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical/medical laboratory science (CLS/MLS), medical technology (MT), chemistry, or a biological science
- Bachelor’s degree and a certificate in MLS
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant laboratory experience
- You must include a cover letter and a resume to be considered for this position.
- DLMP/MCS employees that have been in their current lab/position for less than 2 years must attach an early release approval from their supervisor.
- Internal applicants must attach their three most recent performance appraisals to be considered for this position.
- Prior experience in teaching, training and mentoring students and employees is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective written and oral communication.
- Strong organizational skills and self-initiative; patience and the ability to effectively coach and mentor others.
- Experience with data collection, organization, analysis, and delivery of information.
- Ability to work as a team member including taking direction from others.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects.
Required education, experience, and tenure, along with internal equity will be considered when an offer is extended. The pay range for this position is $66,747 – $100,235 annually.
Monday – Friday, day shift. Evening hours may be needed as required for training needs. This position is 100% remote and you may work from anywhere within the United States.
No regularly scheduled weekends, however, weekends may be needed as required for training needs.
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time
- Mayo Collaborative Services