There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. We are proud to support our employees’ volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities. In this role, you will develop professionally and gain firsthand knowledge of the Customer Care & Aftersales business with exposure to Business Development, as well as Parts and Service Sales/Marketing. You will also have direct interaction with leadership, learn from experienced professionals in the industry and have the ability to affect the customer experience, bringing value to them & to General Motors.
At GM you have a future
We’ll give you the tools to succeed, the freedom to explore and a collaborative environment to grow in – both professionally and personally. It’s time to do the best work of your career. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
What You’ll Do As a District Manager:
○ Serve as a key liaison between GM Canada and dealerships across Canada
○ Achieve Parts Sales, Customer Retention, and Customer Satisfaction Objectives
○ Complete and implement Service and Parts marketing and sales promotional activities
○ Keep abreast the newest digital media and consumer communication trends.
○ Collaborate with Dealers to help them provide outstanding sales and service experiences to customers.
○ Ensure Dealership parts availability & adequate inventory levels.
○ Collaborate with Senior GM of Canada Leadership and Dealer Operators, Fixed Operations Managers, and Front-line Dealership Staff to positively grow the business
Your Skills & Abilities
○ Unrestricted mobility and ability to relocate anywhere within Canada
○ Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
○ Outstanding analytical abilities combined with great decision-making skills
○ Ability to work independently and in cross-functional team environments
○ Valid Driver’s License
○ Willingness to travel
○ This role will be located in Calgary, AB
Education and Training:
○ Post-Secondary Education required
Compensation and Benefits:
- GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market .
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we’re looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.