Job ID 365833
Remote Possible Yes
Remote role based in US–must physically be in US to be considered.
NielsenIQ is a leading market research firm. Our Financial Services team provides alternative data products to hedge funds, mutual funds, and private equity firms through first-party and third-party data sets.
NielsenIQ is looking for a Private Equity & Venture Capital focused Salesperson with 5+ years of experience selling data-driven research / products / services to the buy-side investment community. Candidates must be passionate about capital markets, data and technology. Candidates must also be very comfortable interacting with prospects over the phone and in person.
You will drive the overall sales, acquiring new customers and accounts in your scope; you will drive growth securing a sustainable sales pipeline developing new revenue opportunities and unlocking new budget holders.
- Systematically call / email prospects to market NielsenIQ’s products.
- Drive sales acquiring new customers and accounts in your scope securing new revenue opportunities and maintaining accurate forecasting.
- Develop a solid and interconnected understanding of potential customer’s industry/business/markets/clusters and their needs.
- Generate and qualify leads increasing the overall sales pipeline from initial conversation to close of sale.
- Develop white space & win-back sales strategies.
- Expand network / budget holders’ potential customers.
- Gather market intelligence and contribute to new product development in order to meet changing client needs.
- Provide internal reports to management as required.
- Participate in ongoing training / developmental programs.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious with a drive to succeed.
- Willing to work long hours.
- Goal and detail-oriented.
- Sense of urgency and service-orientation both internally and externally; strong customer service skills.
- Ability to add value by using creativity and independent thinking.
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, resourcefulness, and tact.
- Strong work ethic with professional behavior & appearance and personal integrity.
- Excellent negotiation and listening skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively with team members with uncompromising ethics, initiative and integrity.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience selling data-driven research / products / services to the buy-side investment community.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Economics or Marketing.
- Understanding of financial markets and technology; knowledge of investment research products and current software technologies are a plus.
- Solid sales skills and developed sales expertise in target scope.
- Solid understanding of data analytics industry, business model, products, services and solutions.
- Solid understanding of market trends and its interdependencies impacting customers.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Manage the sales process through targeted phone calls, one-on-one meetings, and group presentations.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- A high level of motivation, the drive to take initiative and work both independently and as a team member; a self-starter. Follow-through is an absolute must have.
- Strong business development experience with the ability to sell in to, and represent the firm, at all levels within an organization.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of activity to reach an aggressive set of sales goals and objectives.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and with structure, focus and determination.
- Flexible working environment
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Life assurance
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.