Job ID 367314
Deskside Support Engineer
Location: Field Based 120 Sites – Central & North West London
Salary: Up to £36,000 DOE
Internal Travel Cost after 1st site onwards
Would you like to join one of the largest providers of communications and IT solutions across the UK as a Deskside Support Engineer? You will be required to provide support to Desktop (Including peripherals) and basic Network troubleshooting to site services to all Central & North West London supported sites.
Since being founded in 2001, Daisy has delivered solutions and services serving more 2,000 UK businesses across all sectors – with a portfolio spanning Modern Workplace, Connectivity, Unified Communications, Cloud, Cyber Security and Operational Resilience.
About the role…
- Providing technical diagnosis and resolution of any incident placed into the deskside queue.
- Where the skills of the deskside engineer permit, resolution of any incident.
- Accurate updates to any request for service within the ServiceNow System.
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal and written) with the user in call handling and in updates.
- Establishing priorities with the user when a request for service is placed in line with the defined priority statements.
- Validating any Service Request raised via the Service Desk.
- Escalating and updating the Service Desk Supervisor or Customer Service Account Manager if related to a P1 or P2 incident.
- To be considered, professional and objective at all times.
Effective call closure with the user at point of resolution or allocating to the Service Desk Analyst to implement the “3-strikes” process where appropriate.
- Managing perceptions to ensure that they are accurate in the user community – i.e., where service perceptions are inaccurate, the Service Desk Supervisor will be informed.
- Ensure that any errors or accuracy’s noted within documented process or work instructions related to the service are raised with the Service Desk Supervisor, updated and re-issued using the appropriate version and release control.
- Create Knowledge Management articles as scenario’s arise.
- Ensure that a professional, courteous and proactive service is delivered to ‘the client’ (Internal and external) at all times.
- Ensure that all communications activity (verbal and written) is delivered to a continual high standard and that all the appropriate company policies for document release are adhered to.
- Ensure that all information is kept secure and not disclosed inappropriately.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of Quality Assurance standards is used.
- Accept additional responsibilities as specifically requested by the Deskside Manager or line Manager.
- Project a professional image at all times.
- To comply with all required Company procedures.
- To carry out your duties in accordance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies at all times.
- To maintain high standards of quality of work, personal presentation and personal conduct.
What do we need from you?
- Provide support to Desktop (Including peripherals) and basic Network troubleshooting to site services to all CNWL supported sites.
- Windows environment, Dell/HP Hardware, Printing Solutions. also include first-line switching and routing experience
Did we mention the perks?
We show our appreciation by providing various benefits and rewards to our employees that help make Daisy a great place to work and provide a great work life balance.
These include but are not limited to:
- Holiday – Starting at 25 (increasing to up to 30 days for each year you stay with us) + a holiday purchase scheme!
- Daisy University and Apprenticeships – Giving you the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge whilst you work for us.
- Hybrid, field and home based working – To ensure work WORKS for you.
- Enhanced family friendly policies – We are here to look after you and your nearest and dearest.
- Health & Wellbeing offering – Including discounted membership for health plans + Eye Care Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, and an in-house Wellbeing team.
- The Exchange – Online discount platform for more than 1,200 retailers.
And many more – to see all the benefits on offer visit our Why work for Daisy page!
Ready to join us?
If you feel Daisy is the right workplace for you, we would like to hear from you!
Once you have applied online and have been shortlisted, our recruitment team will be in touch with you to arrange an interview and answer any questions you may have. This could be a face-to-face or a remote interview. The application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.