Job ID 367382
Experian is the leading global information services company. We help businesses provide great customer experiences by managing and analyzing data. We help our clients solve problems, drive better decisions and outcomes, and prevent fraud. We also engage directly with consumers, helping millions of people better manage and improve their financial lives – gain access to credit, save money, and protect their identity.
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian’s Compliance Team is looking for a Compliance Testing Team Lead to supervise the daily activities of testers on the Compliance Testing Team who execute second line of defense, independent testing of regulatory requirements (i.e., laws, regulations) and controls. The team lead will help ensure that tests are executed timely, accurately, and consistently in line with the testing schedule and the testing team’s procedures. An ideal candidate has a solid understanding and experience with compliance testing particularly overseeing and reviewing the work of testers and managing a testing calendar. The ideal candidate will also have a strong working knowledge and experience of U.S. consumer protection and privacy laws and regulations including FCRA, GLBA, State Privacy and UDAAP, and familiarity with how the laws and regulations apply to credit reporting agencies.
- Daily oversight to the testing team ensuring that team consistently follows defined processes, documentation standards and team procedures.
- Managing testing schedule and calendar so that all tasks and documentation are completed within established timeframes.
- Ensuring tests are executed timely, accurately, and consistently produce high-quality, validated results.
- Performing peer reviews of test results and providing constructive feedback to aid in the development of testers.
- Assisting the Compliance Testing Manager in managing testing workflow and overseeing the testing function in accordance with Experian’s compliance management program and team procedures.
- Reviewing testing workflows and internal processes to identify areas of improvements and automation within the testing process.
- Performing reviews and updates for new and existing tests including data in Experian’s GRC system.
- Responding to questions and providing direction and guidance to testers on issues.
- Facilitating tester training and coaching so that testers are able to adequately perform assigned testing.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of U.S. consumer protection and privacy laws, rules and regulations including changes to and new laws, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulatory guidance and industry best practices.
- Participates in projects, as assigned, as a subject matter expert for compliance testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Compliance Testing Manager and/or Compliance leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience working in a compliance testing or internal audit role; preferably in banking, financial services and/or credit reporting agency industries.
- Solid understanding and experience with compliance testing particularly overseeing and reviewing the work of testers and managing a testing calendar. Minimum 1 year supervisory or management experience.
- Strong working knowledge and experience working with of U.S. consumer regulatory compliance protection and privacy laws and regulations including FCRA, GLBA, State Privacy and UDAAP.
- Operational knowledge of other consumer banking laws and regulations preferred.
- Professional certification (i.e., CRCM, CIA, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance systems and/or RSA Archer platform preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, comprehend, and summarize information and data needed for compliance testing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and produce results.
- Strong communication, collaboration and influence skills with team members, peers, various level of management and other second line teams
- Three weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus twelve paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a competitive bonus
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact… the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!
- Job Posting – Salary Range: $83,093 – $144,028