Job ID 369849
Business Analyst – Nielsen Brandbank, Norwich
About the job
Within the Project Management Office, the role of Business Analyst would suit a self-starting individual who understands change lifecycle and a BAs role within it. The individual will need to maintain an awareness of the business strategic objectives and key projects while also delivering incremental change that aligns.
It will be vital for the user to engage with and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders from all functions within the business to deliver on key projects as well as identify areas in need of improvement.
- Work on broad, highly-visible, strategic software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical and business environment
- Core to the role will be process mapping of business activities, working with the business to identify areas of improvement
- Complete analysis of data and processes to support compelling business cases
- Identification of business requirements, captured and included in high level business and IT design as well as project planning
- Establishing and documenting functional and non-functional requirements
- Contribute to the understanding of business priorities
- Where required, work with stakeholders from business and technology to research and define solutions to business problems
- Creation, review and maintenance of process documentation
- Conduct gap analysis on proposed business/system changes
- Analyse business requirements to elicit needs and translate these into prioritised requirements
- Manage requirements throughout the project life cycle
- Work with Architects, Product Leaders and other key stakeholders to ensure that technical solutions align with architectural and business roadmaps
- Analyse business use cases and write or support the team in writing user stories to accomplish the goals of the product/project
You have previous experience as a Business Analyst and can demonstrate the ability to listen to stakeholders and clearly summarise back the salient points discussed to gain insight into the project/deliverable being discussed.
While you work well within a team, you also have the ability to manage your own workload to achieve goals set within agreed timeframes.
You have a questioning mind to ascertain route cause issues and work proactively with the business to come up with effective solutions.
- 3 + years previous working experience as a Business Analyst or in similar role
- Experience in business/systems analysis and gap analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent professional qualification or experience
- The desire to be part of a busy team
- Ability to recognise problems and propose effective solutions
- Must be able to work with multilevel stakeholders to elicit business objectives and requirements
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding targets in delivery
- Strong oral and written communication skills including problem solving, prioritizing and interpersonal relationship building.
- Knowledge/experience in Agile systems development lifecycle on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record in working directly with stakeholders to define solutions that enable their business objectives.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and direct the work of others
- Fluent English
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.