Job ID 373886
Remote Possible Yes
- Performance of a wide array of detailed accounting transactions and functions encompassing AP, journal entries and reporting.
- Inputs invoices and verifies against purchase orders as well confirming G/L coding.
- Prepares invoice approval packages and manages the approval process.
- Ensures accuracy of information used by the finance department for the month-end analysis.
- Prioritizes invoices according to payment terms and impact of untimely payments.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist the team in sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Works with fellow team members to ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Responds to requests and follows up to inquiries for information within the organization and from vendors regarding accounts payable.
- Ensures Manager is informed of important supplier information that would have a significant impact on the accounts payable system and the operation of the company.
- Process EFT, wire, and cheque payment runs as required.
- Set-up and maintain accounts payable vendor master.
- Assist with audit-related requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Fluent in English and French preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar accounting software is highly desired.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Must be well organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles is required.
- Must have skills that include problem solving, research and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of GST/HST, QST and PST.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to deal with confidential information professionally.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision; and
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.