Job ID 370788
The candidate will perform analysis, design, coding, debugging, testing, and support of solutions, utilising innovative applications in DevOps projects, models for complex systems and Enterprise integration.
The candidate will also be responsible for developing and maintaining web applications, API’s and ensure code is developed/maintained configured using the various build tools available from DevOps.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, derived / or non-derived, insightful data-marts and tables which will be the main input for the models, reports and dashboards
- Working within an Agile environment, within 3-week sprints, delivering quality code or data enhancements and reports for different departments.
- From User Stories, look to provide accurate and timely data, that is trusted and understood by the business.
- Obtaining, transforming and maintaining large quantities of data.
- Solving data quality issues, providing data lineage from source.
- Focus on building and improving a web based application in asp.net and design innovative solutions using .Net.
- Utilising the full Microsoft stack, enable the end user to fully understand the data delivered that allows full transparency back to the various source systems.
- Document all changes that have taken place, including commentary within the source code.
- Keep team and APM apprised of progress
- Coordinate with APM and Enterprise Architect to adhere to Enterprise Architecture principles, software development best practices, coding, compliance and security standards
- Work on performance tuning, code optimisation, refactoring, automation and CI/CD implementation
- Offer suggestions to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve business objectives
- Manage engineering risks by proactively tracking and communicating issues, and devising methods to mitigating them
- Liaise with other teams to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues
- Supports the resolution of in-depth user questions and production issues following support process and SLA’s
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technology and software engineering standards, practices and tools
- Provide input to the APM and DPM for the creation of Product Roadmap and High Level Estimates
- Review code, designs and other technical documentation prepared by other members of the team.
- Provide tech leadership and guidance to junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with IT management to define and develop documentation and engineering artefact standards, guidelines, processes, and templates
Positive and self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and self-teach new and advance software functions
- Background in software engineering with strong C# and SQL skills (4+ years)
- Design and development using ASP.NET, C#, SQL, ETC (4+ years)
- Experience with Web Api development
- Proficient in .Net, C#, HTML5, CSS, XML, Windows and IIS
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working and enhancing an existing web application
- Extensive knowledge of source code change management primarily using GitHub
- Understanding of continuous delivery, integration, deployment and tools like GitHub Actions, Harness and Jenkins.
- Understanding of automated testing and tools like Mabl and X-Ray
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to discuss, articulate and simplify technology to non-technical people.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to provide end user/business support when needed
Knowledge of production support processes such as incident and problem management techniques
- Exposure to CI/CD
- Agile Development experience
- Experience using Web API with NET core
- SQL Scripts, Stored Procedures, Views
- Experience using GIT (GitHub) and CI/CD solutions