Job ID 370799
The QA Engineer III is responsible for testing of all software product changes. The incumbent partners with internal and external stakeholders to ensure products conform to the desired quality standard. This role requires technical skills and a high degree of problem solving skills. The individual will be expected to actively contribute towards the team and organizational goal of continuous process improvement. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to influence others in order to improve processes and application quality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to mentor others
- Learns and maintains knowledge of the business applications for the products being tested.
- Follows software testing corporate standards.
- Keeps stakeholders updated with testing status.
- Creates test scenarios and test cases.
Test Planning and Execution
- Performs test planning activities as required
- Creates and modifies test cases.
- Creates and modifies automated test scripts.
- Creates and modifies test data.
- Executes test cases and records results in
- Solid understanding of software quality assurance testing concepts, methods and practices in an information technology environment.
- Solid understanding of principles and practices associated with agile product model environment.
- Solid understanding of SQL and ability to use SQL tools to query a database to retrieve data using various DB sources such as SQL Server, Snowflake, or cloud based data source.
- Experience in data testing and data validation.
- Experience with Windows, Web Applications and/or Web Service or API testing
- Solid experience using JIRA or similar agile tools.
- Solid experience with multiple testing tools including: HP ALM, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT), HP LoadRunner, Selenium, and SOAP UI are preferred.
- Follows standards in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Solid understanding of agile quality assurance.
- Experience using test automation tools
- Experience building automation scripts using automation framework.
- IT software testing certification.
- At least 5 years solid experience
- ETL Testing and experience on working for a Business Intelligence or Data warehouse team.