Job ID 369894
The position develops, implements and maintains reporting solutions that enable business operations to realize company goals & objectives. The incumbent performs analysis, design, coding, testing and debugging of reporting solutions.
- Works with Agile Program Manager (APM), Digital Product Manager (DPM), and Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to accurately interpret systems specifications documented in Agile user stories.
- Translates specifications into engineering artifacts, which typically include design specifications, source code, test scripts and test results. Obtains approval on final design documents from APM and software architect (software engineer III or IV).
- Collaborates with peers to ensure that the engineering realization is in accordance with Enterprise Architecture principles and software development best practices.
- As part of Agile team, completes software development work which includes application of creative design, coding and debugging methods & techniques.
- Collaborates with testers to ensure that all software components are tested adequately. Communicates any identified issues to APM.
- May offer suggestions to APM, DPM, and/or BSA on alternative approaches to achieve system objectives.
- Tracks and communicates issues to senior peers and/or APM for assistance with resolution.
- Liaises with other project and program areas to coordinate interdependencies.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of new technology and software engineering standards & practices.
- Design, develop, test and implement ETL, Dashboards, and Reporting solutions.
- Focus on information/data quality by continuously evaluating data standards and data profiling
- Experience with or academic exposure to MongoDB, MongoDB BI connector is preferred. MongoDB production experience is preferred.
- Familiar with database design best practices
- Detail oriented with ability to independently validate / triangulate data and analysis.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests while completing deliverables on time. Self-motivated and can work independently. Ability to troubleshoot, track, and resolve day-to-day issues.
- Passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of production support processes such as incident and problem management techniques.
- Knowledge and experience using agile software development principles, process and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
2023-7034_Systems Engineer – Level II Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 13 mins ago
The Cloud Engineer (Systems Engineer) works closely with cloud platform engineering, architecture, and development teams to run and operate cloud-native, DevOps delivered, highly scalable and fault tolerant systems and ...
Electrical Controls Engineer Full time TELECOMMUTE Published 15 mins ago
Cortland’s Electrical Controls Engineer will Perform electrical engineering & design of integrated thermal control systems for customer applications involving molten metal processing, heating designs and transferring metal in ...