Job ID 369913
The position is responsible for operational support and management of the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB). This is to include day-to-day delivery of Configuration Management services to the organization that support ongoing configuration management operation. This position will require a deep thinker with the ability to methodically comb through large data sets, draw insights from the data, and create actionable strategies to rationalize the collections to meet organizational goals.
- Ensuring consistent and reliable operation of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Supporting the integration of the CMDB with other IT Service Management processes
- Overseeing the maintenance and development of CMDB processes and procedures
- Developing standard IT configuration management methodology
- Improving CI data integrity regarding classes, naming conventions, attributes, data sources, and relationships
- Works to fulfill Configuration Management Service Requests as assigned
- Engages with strategic projects to ensure Configuration Management can deliver required functionality within project timeframes
- Mentors the organization on Configuration Management services, concepts, policies and procedures
- Runs and delivers reports as required
- Collects and reports metrics as required
- Identifies and reports non-compliance situations
- Performs Configuration Management audits as directed
- Identifies Service Improvement opportunities
- Oversees the design, coding and testing of reports as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT Service Management.
- Demonstrable experience with ServiceNow CMDB.
- Proven track record in maintaining and improving CMDB.
- Experience in performing data quality audits.
- Previous experience in training or supporting IT teams.
- Experience in implementing ITIL guidelines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with various IT teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid knowledge of Infrastructure and Operations management and service delivery
- Solid understanding of Data Center, Cloud, and various Infrastructure Hosting models
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable speaking with all levels of staff
- Strategic problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- 3 years of experience with Server Operating Systems
- 3 years of experience with VMWare virtualization environments
- 3 years of experience working with Azure (or other Cloud environments)
- 3 years of experience with automation tools/frameworks to include scripting tools such as Bash, Python, and Ansible
Technical Skills Proficiency Level Required (R)/Optional(O)
Minimum of 3 years of experience
in IT Service Management 3 R
Minimum of 3 years support Service
Now CMDB (or similar platform) 3 R
Proficient with Server Operating Systems 3 R
Proficient with VMWare virtualization
environments 3 R
Proficient with Cloud services
such as Azure or AWS 3 R
Proficient with Scripting Languages
(Python, Bash) 2 R
Proficient with Automation
Frameworks such as Ansible 2 R
Proficient with Jira and Confluence 2 R
Knowledge of Reporting tools such
as PowerBI 3 R
Knowledge of Agile frameworks
(Agile, Scrum, Kanban) 3 R