Job ID 369885
We’re seeking an Infrastructure Engineer who is ready and willing to work with new technologies. The incumbent will become part of bench resources who will undergo minimal training before getting immersed into AMIS (Arch Managed Infrastructure Services) business unit to support global technology services and operations.
The roles of the Infrastructure Engineer include being responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the IT infrastructure of various Arch entities. In addition, he/she may also support and develop specific platforms covering server and storage systems, networking, storage and applications hosted in hybrid environments.
- Installs, configures and supports new and existing servers and network infrastructure.
- Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
- Develop and lead the replacement of infrastructure at end of life.
- Conducts testing and analysis of all components of network and server infrastructure components.
- Monitoring network, server, and application performance and availability to ensure business needs are met satisfactorily.
- Performing system administration tasks such as installing operating systems and software applications on computers
- Configuring computers for optimal performance by installing applications, updating system settings, and troubleshooting problems
- Maintaining computer networks by troubleshooting software and hardware problems
- Managing security by installing operating systems patches and updates, configuring firewalls and intrusion detection systems, and reviewing logs for signs of unauthorized activity
- Providing technical support for computer systems by troubleshooting problems and recommending solutions
Please note that the initial schedule for this role is Philippines mid shift from 3pm to midnight while the new hire is undergoing training. The shift will change depending on the needs of the team, so we need candidates that are open to working any shift (day, mid, night).
- Background in network engineering and data communications
- Knowledge of servers and operating systems, Unix or Microsoft
- Experience with agile project methodology
- Sound knowledge of IT service management and operations
- Experience working in hybrid setup, both on-premise and cloud platforms
- Knowledge of messaging and other Microsoft solutions.
1 to 3 years actual experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer